Post your commute/run (Read 245 times)

ultramarathon/triathlete

Yesterday as I was reading these posts I thought it would be cool to see what others are seeing on their runs.  So I stopped mid way through my morning run commute today and snapped this picture.

The view is from the Manhattan Bridge looking south toward the tip of the island and the Brooklyn Bridge.  You'll also see the top of the new 1 World Trade Center sticking up behind the also new "Digital Age" Frank Gehry skyscraper (the weird silver wavy one).

It's a cooler view in the evening when the sun sets, but it never really comes out well when I try to get that image.  Still, I think it's nice.

I'd love to see what you guys and gals are seeing on your commutes or general runs.  Feel free to add pics!

HTFU?  Why not!

USATF Coach

Empire Tri Club Coach
    Gatorade Endurance Team

#artbydmcbride

Runners run

Julia1971

Wow, Mendeldave, that view is breathtaking.  I can't wait to run across the Verrazano-Narrows in two months!

I generally run in the morning and get to see a lot of great sunrises.  Here are some recent pictures I took of the Lincoln Memorial from the Virginia side of the Potomac River:

And, this is from a little while ago from the front:

And then I turned around.

And this is probably my all time favorite:

Cool thread idea.

Mpls Laker

Northstar Running

This is the park where my running group often meets.

In a few months we will be running down a street that looks something like this.

These photos are fantastic!

All I see on my regular runs are trees, cows & the hydroelectric dam.

The leaves will turn soon. Maybe I'll ask if any of my girls will trust me with their camera.

delicate flower

Boy, my suburbia runs are much less scenic than those city and beach shots.

I do a lot of my running on the rail trail, so my view looks like this a lot of the time.  But it's quiet, not a lot of foot/bike traffic, and no cars.  I enjoy the solitude of my runs.

<3

Joann Y

My daily grind is generally not photo worthy. Grime and crime sums it up. But long runs can be quite beautiful.

Lakefront:

lake

Waterfall Glen Forest Preserve:

waterfall

Julia1971

Joann Y, I was just in Chicago earlier this month.  In addition to a shot similar to the first one you posted, I took this one:

I tell ya.  I'm a sucker for sunrises and sunsets.

Joann Y

Nice. The lake has a personality all its own. Placid and peaceful some days, raging and roaring on others, and sometimes singing a sweet song in the the most brilliant blue.

This is my main running route.

5k - 20:56 (09/12), 7k - 28:40 (11/12), 10k trial - 43:08  (03/13), 42:05 (05/13), FM - 3:09:28 (05/13), HM - 1:28:20 (05/14), Failed 10K trial - 6:10/mi for 4mi (08/14), FM - 3:03 (09/14)

After my run last Sunday, I picked and ate 2 lb of blackberries along the trail before going home.

5k - 20:56 (09/12), 7k - 28:40 (11/12), 10k trial - 43:08  (03/13), 42:05 (05/13), FM - 3:09:28 (05/13), HM - 1:28:20 (05/14), Failed 10K trial - 6:10/mi for 4mi (08/14), FM - 3:03 (09/14)

#artbydmcbride

After my run last Sunday, I picked and ate 2 lb of blackberries along the trail before going home.

<envious>

Runners run

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

steph  

spinach

That sounds nice but if you keep eating 2 pounds of blackberries after your runs, you may have trouble breaking 3 next month.

an amazing likeness

That sounds nice but if you keep eating 2 pounds of blackberries after your runs, you may have trouble breaking 3 next month.

No...he'll just have the runs...

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.