my first race ever!! (Read 1095 times)

I completed my first official "race" yesterday and I'm so proud of myself!!! It was a 10K and I finished in 1:09:32. Looking back, I wish I had pushed a little harder at the end to make a better time, but that's ok. I'm so happy, and I can't wait for my next one!! Big grin
    Started running Nov 2006 1st race: Cowtown 10K 2/24/07 1:09:32 PR 5K 29:54 PR 10K 1:01:08 White Rock 1/2 Dec 07 2:27:50 2010 goals PR all!!!
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Hey, that's better than my first (and, thusfar, only) 10k! That's awesome! So, have you been bitten by the race bug? Any plans for future races? Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

You should be proud of yourself! Big grin Congratulations on your first race/ first 10K! When is the next one? Wink
        2009: BQ?
          I think I have definitely been bitten by the race bug. I'm ready for the next one already!! It was FUN!! And wow, did I ever have goosebumps on that last 1/4 mile. I did it!!!! I'm not sure when the next one is, but I'm looking for it!
          Started running Nov 2006 1st race: Cowtown 10K 2/24/07 1:09:32 PR 5K 29:54 PR 10K 1:01:08 White Rock 1/2 Dec 07 2:27:50 2010 goals PR all!!!
          JakeKnight

Congrats, Courtney. And it's good that you didn't push all that hard - makes getting a PR on your next on easier. Smile You ought to be able to find a local 5k or 10k just about every weekend, if you live anywhere near a city.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
            -----------------------------

You'll ruin your knees!

Way to go! Great job on your first race... Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Congratulations on your first race!!!! Smile
                  Congratulations - my first 10k is May 7th. Chris PS you are already a sexy mum Smile Bet your twins want to run too. I have a 4yr old that freaks when I run without him C
                    Great race! Smile

Michelle

Congrats! The Fort Worth Cowtown 10K was the 2nd 10K race I have been in. The first for me was the Fort Worth Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving day last year. I pulled in a time of 54:30. There are lots of little races coming up in the DFW area. I recommend the zoo run. They have a new 10K now. Prior to this year they only had a 5K which I have done twice... more walking than running. I posted the runs I am looking to do in my profile.

Vim