my first race ever!! (Read 1092 times)

I completed my first official "race" yesterday and I'm so proud of myself!!! It was a 10K and I finished in 1:09:32. Looking back, I wish I had pushed a little harder at the end to make a better time, but that's ok. I'm so happy, and I can't wait for my next one!! Big grin
    Started running Nov 2006 1st race: Cowtown 10K 2/24/07 1:09:32 PR 5K 29:54 PR 10K 1:01:08 White Rock 1/2 Dec 07 2:27:50 2010 goals PR all!!!

Needs more cowbell!

Hey, that's better than my first (and, thusfar, only) 10k! That's awesome! So, have you been bitten by the race bug? Any plans for future races? Big grin k

Kirsten - aka "Auntie Kirsten"

'14 Goals:

• 2 olympic distance duathlons -- 6 days apart -- PR at least 1

• 130#s (and stay there, gotdammit!)

You should be proud of yourself! Big grin Congratulations on your first race/ first 10K! When is the next one? Wink
        2009: BQ?
          I think I have definitely been bitten by the race bug. I'm ready for the next one already!! It was FUN!! And wow, did I ever have goosebumps on that last 1/4 mile. I did it!!!! I'm not sure when the next one is, but I'm looking for it!
          Started running Nov 2006 1st race: Cowtown 10K 2/24/07 1:09:32 PR 5K 29:54 PR 10K 1:01:08 White Rock 1/2 Dec 07 2:27:50 2010 goals PR all!!!
            Congrats, Courtney. And it's good that you didn't push all that hard - makes getting a PR on your next on easier. Smile You ought to be able to find a local 5k or 10k just about every weekend, if you live anywhere near a city.
            E-mail: JakeKnight2002@aol.com
            -----------------------------

You'll ruin your knees!

Way to go! Great job on your first race... Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Congratulations on your first race!!!! Smile
                  Congratulations - my first 10k is May 7th. Chris PS you are already a sexy mum Smile Bet your twins want to run too. I have a 4yr old that freaks when I run without him C
                    Great race! Smile

Michelle

Congrats! The Fort Worth Cowtown 10K was the 2nd 10K race I have been in. The first for me was the Fort Worth Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving day last year. I pulled in a time of 54:30. There are lots of little races coming up in the DFW area. I recommend the zoo run. They have a new 10K now. Prior to this year they only had a 5K which I have done twice... more walking than running. I posted the runs I am looking to do in my profile.

Vim