Boston Watchers - Info for Tracking Racers (Read 1647 times)

JakeKnight

Happy Patriots' Day and welcome to a work day morning completely wasted as you obsessively watch your fellow idiots special running friends as they struggle through the 112th Boston Marathon this morning. For those that don't know, the race starts at 10:00 a.m. (EST) because Massholes are weird that's the tradition. Or something. In other words, the elite men and the first wave starts when the gun fires in right around half an hour from the moment I hit the post button on this. The BAA (that's Boston Athletic Association) has a wonderful website that provides easy tracking for any and all the runners you'd like to watch. The link directly to the tracker is here (the main sites URL should be obvious): http://www.bostonmarathon.org/2008/cf/Public/TrackingIndividual.cfm All you have to do is enter a bib number or partial name and you can follow the little critter as he or she maneuvers the course. Personally I plan to crash my browser watching at least a dozen of these simple-minded fools brave running warriors. I searched all over the board for info on runners and I'm amazed how many are doing it. Nevertheless, I'm sure I've missed a few, and I couldn't find goals on a few people. So my apologies, and if you have the info on anybody here - or anybody I completely missed - please post it below and I'll add it. I'm especially looking for more info on Pam/RockenMamaof5, Ileneforward, and Hudson. Especially since those are three I want to track and let's face it, its all about me. Without further ado, here they are: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ScreenName Real Name Bib Number Goal Time Lifesabeach Jennifer Mcdaniel # 17022 3:4X:XX Gopher Ryan Ryan # 5264 (running w/GR) Erin # 16275 Jscovill Jeff Scovill # 4887 2:42-2:47 Dnephin Dan Nephin # 6241 3:13 for PR Cwhite48beaver Corey White # 1291 TanyaS Tanya Savory # 17054 HermosaBoy Rob Economy # 1575 2:48(ish) Ileneforward Bib # 22565 Evanflein Erika R. Van Flein # 19179 3:50 (?) WillRunForBeer Lou King # 12326 Hudson Mark Hudson # 1229 MikeyMike Mike Girouard # 1975 2:55:04 for PR Mike23 Mike Fream # 7141 3:10 Mom51162 Denise Clifford # 20014 MarkFive Mark Cleary # 9509 PacerChris Chris Cavanaugh # 1492 2:45 Daithiwk David # 2824 2:59:59! Mainerunnah Bob Scamman # 10289 3:20-3:30 Offthecouch Karen Tsuei #18689 3:40 MissPratt Kelly Cenca # 17475 Modified to add: I'm watching it live on the Web now at: http://web.wcsn.com/index.jsp For some reason, I didn't have to register, either. And they're off!

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
    -----------------------------

Lazy idiot

Awesome, thanks Jake! I've been wrong many times before, and this may be a continuation of the usual, but I don't think Pam is running Boston today.

Tick tock

For those of us stuck without VS channel at work, WSCN is broadcasting Boston Live, http://web.wcsn.com/index.jsp Requires registration
        JakeKnight

I don't think Pam is running Boston today.
          That would explain the lack of info, now wouldn't it? I'll leave her up there until I get confirmation on that.

JakeKnight

For those of us stuck without VS channel at work, WSCN is broadcasting Boston Live, http://web.wcsn.com/index.jsp Requires registration
            There goes any hope at all of getting anything done today. Good job!

Non ducor, duco.

Thanks Jake. This is great info!
              Len

Damn Yankee

There are two Mark Hudson's running Boston, but only one from Mass. Bib 1229.

Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending. Carl Bard

C-R

Great work on getting this together Jake. Now that's a great example of a solid running community. Wishing all those Boston runners the best. Perhaps one day......... And I wonder if my IT guys will not catch me using so much bandwidth so I can watch too. Good tip HM

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                  "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

JakeKnight

There are two Mark Hudson's running Boston, but only one from Mass. Bib 1229.
                    Added. Thanks Len.

There goes any hope at all of getting anything done today. Good job!
                      We are patriots too and patriots day should be a holiday everywhere in this country. So if no holiday don't expect any work getting done Big grin

A Saucy Wench

Pam listed her upcoming races in the Ladies Locker room as a HM next week, no Boston.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

JillyBeans

Jiggle, jiggle, jiggle.

Yeah! Thanks, JK. I was just thinking about everyone's names. I appreciate your efforts on this! Smile Jilly
                          "The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step."
                          JakeKnight

Watching it now and they let me do it with NO registration for some reason. I though I was going to have to pay. Whatever. Works great. Thanks. And the gun just went off! (And they're already babbling about Lance Armstrong ...)

Thanks JK! And what's this only tracking 5 athletes at once crap?

Non ducor, duco.

(And they're already babbling about Lance Armstrong ...) Yea, they just said he stopped for pictures! Roll eyes