Yippieh! Finished my first ultra (Read 739 times)

Hi guys, I just wanted to share my joy. This weekend I finished my first ultramarathon, a 76.7 km-race around the biggest (and one of the most beautiful) lake in Germany, the Mueritz. It wasn't (as I thought) too hard for my legs (even if they quite hurt by now :-) ), but it was hard for my brain to tell the feet; "Keep on running".
    kcam

Congratulations on a nicely done race. BTW, what's a 'millionenmeter'??
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Wow...WTG! Big grin Sounds like you were ready. And it looks like a beautiful day greeted you. Love those picture-perfect clouds and blue sky! How are you feeling now?

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Great work!

Run to Win
          25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Into the wild

Well done fella. Big grin

Shut up and run

A Saucy Wench

Very nice! Big grin

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Giants Fan

Congrats! What an accomplishment. Must have felt awesome crossing that finish line huh?

"I think I've discovered the secret of life- you just hang around until you get used to it."

Charles Schulz

redleaf

Congrats! That is quite something! Big grin

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

Congrats!!! I am hoping one day I can talk about my first Ultra.
                    2008 GOALS GET BELOW 175 (at 175 now) RUN 6:00 MILE (at 6:29) RUN BELOW 25:30 5K RUN BELOW 55:00 10K RUN A MARATHON (DEC. 6TH - MEMPHIS - ST JUDE)
                      Holy Sh_ _! 76km in 8hrs. I'm speechless Shocked

"The drops of rain make a hole in the stone, not by violence, but by oft falling." - Lucretius

Covering 47.6 miles in eight hours is damned impressive, nicely done Stefan! What do you have planned for an encore?

E.J.
                        Greater Lowell Road Runners
                        Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

De-slacking in progress

Covering 47.6 miles in eight hours is damned impressive, nicely done Stefan! What do you have planned for an encore?
                          Dang- you guys/gals make me hurt even thinking about running something like that !! Impressive!!

started running @ age 48 [lost 70#+, quit a 30 year pack/day habit>> ran HM]  Ran a few years then quit. Gained 70#+ back and smoking like before. Time to get healthy again @ 52 years over with the C25K program and beyond again. RE-start date 1-13-14

That is outstanding
                              Thanks for all your congrats - it feels even greater with that. By the way: A "Millionenmeter" means "a million meter" - which is the 1000 km YTD-Distance. It might sound mad, but I already forgot the pain and am looking forward to joining the next marathon (in September in Berlin). Well, like "The Offspring" said: Let´s see what´s next Smile
                                Wow, I am really impressed. I don't know if I will ever do half of that. You are my new hero!