Craziest damn running goal you've ever set (Read 375 times)

jerseyrunner

Half Fanatic 12680

Trying to BQ at age 54 after only 1 year of running consistently following 25 years "off" from running regularly -- I did it! That was in 2007 and I'm going back to Boston this year.

Half Fanatic #846

Craziest goal?  I ran 6 marathons in 9 days in 6 different states...

Awesome! - You must be a maniac.

My crazy goal was running 4 HMs and a 10K last fall on consecutive weekends, all in one state Smile.

"I don't always roll a joint, but when I do, it's usually my ankle" - unk.         "Frankly autocorrect, I'm getting a bit tired of your shirt".                  I ran half my last race on my left foot!                                  

Roses Revenge

Registering for the Firecracker Quadzilla for July 4 to July 7. Might as well.  Did the Firecracker Triple Half in 2010 and the Firecracker Double Marathon in 2011.

Marathon Maniac #991 Half Fanatic #58 Double Agent #22  It's a perfect day and I feel great!

Doc, my tooth hurts

Going sub 3 after not running a marathon for three and a half years. Also hoping there is a 25 minute improvement over my last marathon. I feel like my craziest goal is always my next goal.

fitfatboy

More cowbell!

Trying to train to go sub-20 in a 5K this year.  Last year's SR was around a 23:45, and that was after running 12 miles from my house to the race site!  Speed is there.  PR is 21:37.

STILL HAVING FUN!!!

Teresadfp

One day at a time

For me, training for my first 5K, since I always swore I would never run, period.

Why is it sideways?

For me, it's not goals I chase, it's more like ghosts that haunt me:  what I might have been, what I might still be.

Chantilly75

Thinking that I could just double my HM PB and run that in a marathon.  Many marathons later, it still is not possible.Undecided

"dancing on the path and singing, now you got away,

you can reach the goals you set from now on, every day"

Sonata Arctica

joescott

For me, it's not goals I chase, it's more like ghosts that haunt me:  what I might have been, what I might still be.

Amen to that.

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

what crazy running goals have you set for yourself, and why?

Trying to BQ in May on my first marathon. Initially I set 3:30 and after my training went well, I thought I might just upgrade my goal to 3:10 for May. LOL

And, did you ever meet your goal? What was the experience like for you?

I am not sure I am going to meet it. I am injured at the moment but still day dreaming about that. I feel foolish and frustrated!

It says self-discipline is what every success needs. As a runner, the self-discipline is not only running the required mileage, but the purpose of each run, speed, and recovery time. I am not self-disciplined to follow the wise men's advice.

5k - 20:56 (09/12), 7k - 28:40 (11/12), 10k trial - 43:08  (03/13), 42:05 (05/13), FM - 3:09:28 (05/13), HM - 1:28:20 (05/14), Failed 10K trial - 6:10/mi for 4mi (08/14), FM - 3:03 (09/14)

After my first marathon I set the goal of running a BQ (then 3:10:00) before I got old enough that my required time got easier.

I haven't done it yet but I'm ~99% sure I'm going to do it this spring.

The goal sounded a lot crazier right after running a 4:57:39 marathon in 2003 than it does now a few days after running a 10 miler in 1:00:30.

sunfastrose

Fatty McFatFat

After my first marathon I set the goal of running a BQ (then 3:10:00) before I got old enough that my required time got easier.

I haven't done it yet but I'm ~99% sure I'm going to do it this spring.

The goal sounded a lot crazier right after running a 4:57:39 marathon in 2003 than it does now a few days after running a 10 miler in 1:00:30.

This is very inspiring.  I want to BQ, but it seems so far away given my first marathon last year was 4:52: XX.  I've given myself 5 years to make it.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

That's a lot like life.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Not a goal per se, but an ad hoc decision in the middle of a race. I was pacing a friend to a sub-6:00 mile. When we reached the 3/4 mark in 4:20 and he could clearly run the last lap by himself and easily make his goal, he gave me the okay to try to chase down the leader who was 20 seconds ahead.  I missed by 2 seconds running the last quarter in 62.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Couple summers ago a few buddies and I decided to set the goal of running from brew pub to brew pub all the way across Vermont. Not sure it was the craziest goal I've had but it was fun.

Runners run