Interview with Ben True (Read 155 times)

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Our town's claim to fame.  He's a good guy.

Interview with Ben True

Joann Y

Really enjoyed it. Thanks for that!

This was great thanks!

Prairie running is peace.

pedaling fool

Last year was suppose to be my third running of Jacksonville's 15K Gate River Run, but I was sick, really sick; however, I still went to the race in hopes of somehow a miraculous recovery -- that never happened.

However, I decided I would at least watch the runners start and stop; my vantage point of the start was ok, but not great; however, my location at the finish line was outstanding!

I saw Ben True in his last push for the line -- ahead of every one, of course. He's one a very few athletes that have won the race three consecutive times (2015 being his third victory).

Here's a pretty good article on that: http://jacksonville.com/sports/local-sports/local-running/2015-03-14/story/ben-true-takes-third-consecutive-gate-river-run

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Thanks for posting that!  It's exciting to see him do so well - he has worked hard for a long time.

Thanks, Teresa.

Noted: He re-discovered his love of the sport running 10-minute miles.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Thanks, Teresa.

Noted: He re-discovered his love of the sport running 10-minute miles.

Yes, that was cool.  The same speed as me at my fastest!  Smile

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Thanks Teresa.  I needed that tonight.

steph  

pedaling fool

Here's a short clip of him winning the Gate River Run; not only did he win it, but he also won the Equalizer points by overcoming Amy Hasting's 6-minute head start.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsK1tUhS9Sk

Cyberic

Enjoyed this. I train by myself, no coach, no club... I didn't know you could get to that level that way... not that I have the talent or the dedication to do so. But for some reason it made me feel good Smile

This was great. Thanks!

saucony has really figured out how to hit a nerve with these videos (the caption says it's the debut of the "seeker series" but there were some videos like this last year too. Maybe the tag line was different, but the premise and style were the same. I must be more of a capitalist-marketing-sheep than I realize, because I find them all very inspiring.)

Ten minute milers unite!

SubDood

This was great. Thanks!

... I must be more of a capitalist-marketing-sheep than I realize, ...

Isn't that a capitalist-marketing-sheep in your avatar photo thingy?

I liked the Saucony video, too!

Isn't that a capitalist-marketing-sheep in your avatar photo thingy?

I liked the Saucony video, too!

That's a badass capitalist investor bunny unintimidated by the hurdle rate. (Punning dog dot gif)