Flu shots (Read 1073 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I agree that a healthy lifestyle and natural foods will also likely help.  I too worry about unintended consequences of treatments.  I have seen some vaccines cause harm.  However, influenza vaccination is generally very safe (i.e., the risk of problems is many orders of magnitude lower than the risk of problems/illness from remaining unvaccinated during a spike in the disease the vaccine prevents). 
    chrimbler

I guess what gets me is what your country is implementing....get the vaccine or be thrown in jail and get a $1000 fine for everyday you don't get it!!

Where is the 'liberty and justice for all'  in that manifest?

Run like you stole it!
      Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

get the vaccine or be thrown in jail and get a $1000 fine for everyday you don't get it!!

Huh?  Where do you get this?

i sacrificed the gift

At least it's better than being put in front of the death panel.
          Robot House Recovery Drink Protocol:
          Under 70 Degrees: Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout
          Over 70 Degrees: Dougfish Head 60 Minute IPA
          Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

At least it's better than being put in front of the death panel.

Yeah, I thought it might have come from the same source.

Sigh.

chrimbler

Run like you stole it!
              Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

If it is on the internet, it must be true.

Show us the statute.

A slight detail.  This is NOT bird flu.  There is no bird flu pandemic.  There isn't even a bird flu epidemic.

chrimbler

Run like you stole it!
                  Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

http://www.mass.gov/legis/bills/senate/186/st02/st02028.htm

Read section 13

Read.

"Any person who knowingly violates an order, as to which non-compliance poses a serious danger to public health as determined by the commissioner or the local public health authority, shall be punished by imprisonment for not more than 30 days or a fine of not more than one thousand dollars per day that the violation continues, or both. "

Yep.  But did you (and all the pundits) read the context for this punishment?  Is is fairly clear that this punishment is only applicable in a state of emergency in which the public health commissioner believes that public health is seriously in jeopardy.  Specifically, "to prevent a serious danger to the public health".

It is illegal to commit suicide actively or passively and it is illegal to endanger the lives of others.  Is this inappropriate?  In the case of an epidemic of a serious illness, I think it reasonable to take steps to protect the populace from themselves and others.

But THIS current pandemic is not that.

So, don't criticize.   Be constructive.  If we were in a pandemic with a truly dangerous organism (say, airborn bird flu), how would YOU suggest we protect people?

i sacrificed the gift

This statute refers to orders issued to a specific premises and case of infestation.  It does not give them the power to say "everyone who doesn't get vaccinated goes in the pokey".

It's more like saying, if you have ebola in your house, we can quarantine it so it doesn't kill the whole town.

Robot House Recovery Drink Protocol:
                      Under 70 Degrees: Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout
                      Over 70 Degrees: Dougfish Head 60 Minute IPA
                      Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Why is it sideways?

Not to mention that's a state bill, not a federal bill. Not to mention that the section quoted is intended to LIMIT the fine and imprisonment that a state citizen would be subject to in the case of health crisis. Not to mention that intelligent government requires planning for emergencies in advance.

So hilarious that Chrimbler tells us to read a bill that obviously he didn't even understand!

ymmv

"Your Honor, to incarcerate my client would amount to cruel and unusual punishment, as he would likely be exposed to citizens who have not been vaccinated and would thus present an increased health risk."

MTA just practicing  'thinking out of the box" Smile

chrimbler

State bill - federal bill, I'm sure it reads 'Liberty and Justice for ALL'

I don't really need to understand it, I heard about it on Fox news while listening to 1110 KFAB out of Nebraska, I'm sure they did thier research.

Bury your heads if you want.

Run like you stole it!

Why is it sideways?

I love it.