The Shoe Mileage Debate (Read 1424 times)

I run my Asics Kayanos and GT2110 (and previous incarnations) to 1000km (620miles) and have done since I started running and this has not caused me any trouble. The Asics DS Racers will probably only last 200km (130miles) and the DS Trainers will probably only last 600km. I swear by Asics as they have served me very well so far, and I have heard that they are a bit more durable and other brands.
    Run more.
    JakeKnight

I run my Asics Kayanos and GT2110 (and previous incarnations) to 1000km (620miles) and have done since I started running and this has not caused me any trouble. .... I swear by Asics as they have served me very well so far, and I have heard that they are a bit more durable and other brands.
      Good to hear since I'm running on 2120's. My old Gel Cumulus' (Cumuli?) are now well over 1000km (almost 640 miles) and still worth wearing on shorter runs.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
      -----------------------------

dare2thrive

FWIW, I find it necessary to change shoes around 350-400 miles. My knees don't bother me, but I get various little injuries, like strained achilles and such. It happened with all kinds of shoes, including super cushioned Asics Nimbus. Around 300 miles I can see a lot of wear on the outside heel and forefoot, where I toe off. I can see the rubber getting significantly thinner in those areas, along with deep "wrinkles" in the midsole. I'm probably harder on shoes than many runners, but I find it easier to get new pair and have peace of mind than keep running in the old pair and worry about getting injured. Also, shoes are getting worn out quicker if you keep running in the same pair every day, so I started alternating shoes when my weekly mileage got to 40+.