Auto Import from Garmin Connect (Special Case) (Read 76 times)

minhg

Hi all,

I have a special use case for the auto-import from Garmin Connect.  I've used this feature for the last year with my Garmin Watches using Garmin Express--so watch syncs to computer through Garmin Express, activity gets posted on Garmin Connect and Running Ahead picks up the activity for import in my queue.  Works great, awesome job with the importer!

I recently picked up a new watch (TomTom Runner) which uses a non-standard site to store the activities, i'm trying to automate the import to Running Ahead, while it's not directly supported, through a round-about way i can get the activity to post to Garmin Connect eventually.  However RA is not picking up these new activities with the auto-import from GC.  Is there a limitation on how the auto-importer works?  I tried creating an activity in GC manually and it picks up in RA, so not sure why my imported activities are not being picked up by the RA auto-importer.

For those wondering how i'm doing this, i upload my activity to MySports (the TomTom site) via my phone, which then posts to RunKeeper automatically, then i use Tapiriik to sync Runkeeper -> Garmin Connect.  It's a little slow but eventually the activity gets there.  RA never picks it up, if i export the activity from GC i can import to RA.  And there are manual ways to get the FIT file and upload it, just trying to get the auto-import to work.

Thanks for any ideas!

an amazing likeness

Just one quick note...for what it's worth as you work on this -- RA doesn't query Garmin Connect for the new activity.  Rather, Garmin Connect exports the activity to RunningAhead (and any other services subscribed to your GC account).

I think your challenge is to get GC to recognize the activity as needing to be exported to RA.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

minhg

Hi, thanks for the reply, this makes a lot more sense if GC is the one doing the pushing, so i guess i need to look at how GC decides when to push stuff out!

Update: not sure if it was an issue with GC, but the activities started flowing through to RA tonite.  So this may be a workable solution for me!