Nipple Chafing (Read 2491 times)

What is the best way to treat chafed nipples? Mine are rubbed raw every time I run longer. What can I do after they are chafed to help them heal faster?
    Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Nothing will help them heal faster.

The goal is to keep them from getting chafed in the first place.

I wear these on all my long runs:

I've tried the band-aids before, but they don't stick well because of my hairy chest. This us why summer running is great. I can go shirtless.
        Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

The little round ones are perfectly nipple sized, which can work well.  You can also spend bigger bucks on nip guards, or can use duct tape (which can ruin shirts).  Many also like to use body glide.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I don't get this problem.  Must be my tiny cup size.

keeponrunning

Wear a bra Wink

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022

Aquaphor is amazing for chapped skin, chaffed skin, and fresh tattoos.

I don't get this problem.  Must be my tiny cup size.

oh shutup, you have the cutest boobs!

What is the best way to treat chafed nipples? Mine are rubbed raw every time I run longer. What can I do after they are chafed to help them heal faster?

You're not running in a cotton shirt are you? Just checking...

ymmv

I've tried the band-aids before, but they don't stick well because of my hairy chest.

keep trying.

eventually the band-aide removal process will rip out enough hair to solve that problem.

No Talent Drips

You're not running in a cotton shirt are you? Just checking...

Or polypro for that matter.  May seem counter intuitive, but I run in micro-wool for my long runs (and marathons)--the only material that doesn't chafe my useless little nipples.

Dei Gratia

I was running in cotton. It's a majority of what I own. I might have one dri-fit in there.
                          semajdunn

I find that cotton rubs less than the dry fit and all the high tech type shirts.  I have never tried wool though.  I have never found any band-aids that will stay stuck.  I weigh almost 200 pounds.  My best guess to cure the breast chafing problem is to loose 30 or 40 pounds and then my breast might be small enough they will not stick out and rub.

Cotton really chafes once it gets wet.. so if you're sweating it's bad news.

A Saucy Wench

Nothing will help them heal faster.

The goal is to keep them from getting chafed in the first place.

I wear these on all my long runs:

Not entirely true.  I find chafe in general (never having had said nipple chafe...you guys need to man up and wear a sports bra) heals faster if I put bodyglide or similar on it.  Mostly to keep it from getting re-irritated.  Or you could walk around shirtless for about 3 days, but I hear workplaces tend to frown on that. 

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7