IE 10 - get this messsge (Read 33 times)

No more marathons

Eric,

I have IE 10 on my computer at work, and I get this message when I log in to Running Ahead.

You're using an obsolete browser that is no longer supported on RunningAHEAD.com. RunningAHEAD.com will look much better with the latest versions of Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, or Safari.

The display is messed up, so I usually just open a Firefox browser, but didn't know if this was something that you were aware of.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

yager

I just tried using IE10 on Win8 and didn't see this.

eric :)

Someone else reported this problem this week.  I'm not sure what's going on yet because I haven't been able to reproduce the problem.  He noted that when he reverted back to IE9, the problem went away.  Microsoft pushed out a bunch of updates this week and it could be related to that.  I'll keep working on it.

I managed to reproduce the problem after I installed the latest patches.  For whatever reason, IE reported itself as IE7, which is no longer supported by RA.  After I closed the browser, open it again and go back to RA, I noticed it is in compatibility mode.  You should see a blue broken page icon to the left of the refresh button in the address bar.  I clicked on it to disable it.  After restarting IE, the problem went away.

There is nothing on RA that would trigger compatibility mode.  It is possible that it was caused by one of the ads.  I'm not sure.

No more marathons

OK - I use IE 8 at home, so I'll check it out on Monday back at work.  Not a real problem since its easy to just open up firefox.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!