RACE REPORT - Dances with Dirt - Hell, Michigan (Read 820 times)

As promised... here it is... Big grin My team did the 100K Relay. Very fun! Suggest doing it with someone who has done it before to really understand what the heck is going on and how to cheat and record it - otherwise you'd wonder why everyone seems to call various people "cheating bastards". I did the 'cleaner' legs instead of the super dirty/wet legs and instead ran up and down more hills than i could count - on rocks, sand, mud, tall grass - under and over more falling trees than I could keep count of and have more 30 mosquito bites now afterwards. I can't wait to do it again - (sign up and payment due in Feb.) Next year we plan to put more effort into our team name/theme. No idea what our finish time was yet. photos on facebook if interested - add me - laura tucker, detroit The race: Dances With Dirt - Hell 50 Mile and 50K Ultra's 100K Team Race September 8, 2007 Hell, MI www.danceswithdirt.com

You'll ruin your knees!

...another one on the list for 'someday'. Trips to South Texas (2x), Southern California, Wyoming and Washington State this year for running rules it out for 2007. Gotta get a bigger travel budget... DWD always gets great reviews from the suckers who toe the line, hope to be one of those suckers someday! Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

t_runner

Ditto on the "someday" list.. it looks incredibly fun! But I have yet to enter the ultra realm, and I want to tackle an 'easier' 50K first. It's a fairly short drive for me relatively (3 hours), so hopefully in the next 2-3 years.
          Ok - that makes 3 "someday" responses. Are you running it tucker?
            Yep Big grin - with a team. It's been on my "someday" list too for 3+ years now... I'm finally doing it! Not sure what legs I'm going yet, we haven't had a team meeting. Really looking forward to it though - I have heard so many 'good' stories.
              cool - please make sure to give us the full report after you run it.
                Yep Big grin - with a team. It's been on my "someday" list too for 3+ years now... I'm finally doing it! Not sure what legs I'm going yet, we haven't had a team meeting. Really looking forward to it though - I have heard so many 'good' stories.
                Very cool ---- you'll have to give us a very detailed race report!
                2009: BQ?
                  Will do!
                  zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

That's such an insane run! Laura, you should also check out the North Country Trail relay up sort of in the middle of MI. I believe it's in June sometime. My hubby's aunt and her hubby help organize it. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

btb1490

I've heard nothing but "bad" things about this race, yet people can't wait to do it again! Glad you had fun out there. Are you planning on getting dirty next year? Wink
                        I can't wait until next year and plan to do the dirty/wet legs and avoid the ones I did this year! The whole time it was crazy hard to the point a group of us were laughing that we not only signed up for the torture, but paid to do it! Kristen - I'll check that out! thanks.