The ever-popular "Reply to all" email function... (Read 1228 times)

JakeKnight

Bummer, Mike. It happens. You aren't the first and won't be the last. Gonna post the e-mail? You can redact the names to protect the guilty ... but I'd be enjoying your dumbassery much more if I could actually see it.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
    -----------------------------

Lazy idiot

Bummer, Mike. It happens. You aren't the first and won't be the last. Gonna post the e-mail? You can redact the names to protect the guilty ... but I'd be enjoying your dumbassery much more if I could actually see it.
      I second all parts of this. Y'know... for educational purposes and stuff.

Tick tock

JakeKnight

... for educational purposes and stuff.
        Oh. Right. For educational purposes. That's what I meant. Thanks.

Think Whirled Peas

UPDATE: This has not been the best day of my life...but I still have a job, so there's that.

Just because running is simple does not mean it is easy.

Relentless. Forward. Motion. <repeat>

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Oh, no...Mike, what's happened?! Did the proverbial shit hit the proverbial fan over the e-mail? Black eye

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Think Whirled Peas

Gonna post the e-mail? You can redact the names to protect the guilty ... but I'd be enjoying your dumbassery much more if I could actually see it.
              Ask, and ye shall receive. To repeat, I am a dumbass: From: ME Sent: Wednesday, May 07, 2008 10:08 AM To: The CLIENT; SALES GUY (OURS); VP (OURS; my boss); EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR (THEIRS); PM (THEIRS) Cc: GUNS (my programmer); PROGRAM STAFFERS (THEIRS) Subject: RE: Push Wrong. Dead. Flat. WRONG! She did give me her cell b/c she’d be out Friday and Monday. But I emailed AND CALLED her on Wednesday and called her AGAIN on Thursday. Also, we got an EMAIL ON THURSDAY of last week on an unrelated matter from her so she bloody well was in the office…she’s killing me. The damn project's been ready to push to production since Wednesday of LAST WEEK if we could have just gotten answers to THREE pretty simple questions. They keep hammering us for any/all delays, and yet every time I need information from them they dissappear like a fart in the wind... Sorry to vent, but it's getting ridiculous. Q -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- From: The CLIENT Sent: Wednesday, May 07, 2008 10:02 AM To: SALES GUY (OURS); VP (OURS; my boss); EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR (THEIRS); PM (THEIRS) Cc: ME; GUNS (my programmer); PROGRAM STAFFERS (THEIRS) Subject: RE: Push SALES GUY: I have responded to one question, the other two I have passed on to PM. I just checked with her, and she said she was working on it. FYI-Last Wednesday, I gave Q my cell phone number to call if he had questions because I would not be in the office Friday or Monday. I didn't receive a call or e-mail until Monday afternoon. On Tuesday, when I arrived at work, I had two voice mails from Mike on my office phone. The CLIENT Business Manager/Accountant XXXX, Inc. XXXXXXXXXX XXX-XXX-XXXX ext 15 XXX-XXX-XXXX fax -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- From: SALES GUY Sent: Wednesday, May 07, 2008 9:11 AM To: The CLIENT; VP (OURS; my boss); EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR (THEIRS); PM (THEIRS) Cc: ME; GUNS (my programmer); PROGRAM STAFFERS (THEIRS) Subject: Push Hi Everyone, I just wanted to remind you that we are waiting on CLIENT’s responses to Q’s questions. Once we have the responses, we can push the first group of work in the Statement of Work to production. Please let me know if you would like us to push the items we have completed are not waiting for feedback on.

Just because running is simple does not mean it is easy.

Relentless. Forward. Motion. <repeat>

obiebyke

Ho boy. What has happened since then?

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Black eye

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Wow. It could have been worse, but only if you said that something to the tune of: "The client's mom can vouch for the fact that I made those calls on Wednesday and Thursday."

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Ostrich runner

F*** it dude, go bowling.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

Yup - you have had a crappy day. There is only a couple hours left .....
                          Q, that really sucks. Crap. Sad

Amy

Why is it sideways?

"...like a fart in the wind." Classic. Nicely done.
                              F*** it dude, go bowling.
                              And, invite everyone that you e-mailed. Wink ...I hope this e-mail thing just goes away for you after today. What a mess!

Michelle

JakeKnight

Well, if it makes you feel any better, Q ... that just made my whole frickin' day. I just laughed for five straight minutes. "Like a fart in the wind" should make you a living legend at your company. They should frame the e-mail and post it in your break room. Hell, I think its good that you hit reply all. Bet you get those questions answered now. And your boss will never, ever tell you lack "initiative" or "assertiveness." Awesome!