Running shorts, with or without liner? (Read 195 times)

JerryBZA

Runs with the pack

So, my wife bought me running shorts for Christmas. She bought the kind without a liner, which I'm not familiar with. I thought all mens running shorts came with a built in liner or a compression short liner. So I was going to exchange them at Dicks where she got them.  All they had for sale was unlined ones and then separate liners. I ended up walking out with nothing, but I'm thinking maybe I should try those out.

Seems crazy to pay double for shorts and liners but there must be advantages too. What's the opinion out there on these vs the traditional style?

an amazing likeness

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

xhristopher

With a name like Dick's you'd think they would understand why running shorts need a liner.

preciousJohn

When you are training, wear shorts with liner. What racing, no liner = less weight = faster. 

running metalhead

When you are training, wear shorts with liner. What racing, no liner = less weight = faster. 

No way mate. The liner has a reason: Holding your junk in place to avoid that it hits against your legs. I tried it once and never more.

- Egmond ( 14 januari )            :  1:41:40 (21K)
            - Vondelparkloop ( 20 januari ) :  0:58.1 (10K but did 13.44!!!)
            - Twiskemolenloop ( 4 maart )  :   1:35:19 (3th M45!)

- Ekiden Zwolle (10K)   ( 25 maart )
            - Rotterdam Marathon ( 8 april )
            - Leiden Marathon Halve ( 27 mei )
            - Marathon Amersfoort ( 10 juni)

#artbydmcbride

<just lurking>

Runners run

separate liners.

What is this? You mean like underwear? No, dude. That defeats the whole purpose of running shorts.

Runners run

<just lurking>

Hey, get back to your sports bra chafing thread.

Oh and I find it inconceivable that Dick's Sporting Goods did not have at least one billion pairs of running shorts with built in liners. Unless by "for sale", you mean at some kind of discount.

Dave

This is so interesting Smile

JerryBZA

Runs with the pack

Hey, get back to your sports bra chafing thread.

Oh and I find it inconceivable that Dick's Sporting Goods did not have at least one billion pairs of running shorts with built in liners. Unless by "for sale", you mean at some kind of discount.

Not that I found. But it was just after Christmas so stock was low. Also, they just didn't have their normal amount of running gear, period.