Katie Holmes runs NYC (Read 1085 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

It's really reassuring to me to see celebs who have access to the best trainers and nutritionists (and childcare to watch their kids while they get out on runs) and run slower than what I likely would (I'm guessing they're not putting in the miles). McMillan puts me at about 4:20 for a marathon (which seems a bit generous when my HM PR is just over 2:00...I'm thinking 4:30 would be more likely). I recently saw that Freddie Prinze Jr. and Mario Lopez both ran marathons ~5:40...and these are guys who are buff and fit. My chubby butt could smoke them! Wink k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I was thinking the same thing.. I would probably run it around the same time as Katie did. No amount of money can make them fast. Just hard work.

Prophet!

that's awesome...good for joey potter (not that I watch that show or anything..)

Dog-Love

You know I always beat myself up for not breaking a certain time, but I do feel good running a marathon in about an hour faster time that KitKat. And I'll take my husband over Tom Cruise any day of the week!
          Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
            http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20158205,00.html?xid=rss-topheadlines Ouch I cant imagine heels after a marathon and I definitely agree with you crabby Id certainly take my hubby over Tom Cruise

Swadvad

And I'll take my husband over Tom Cruise any day of the week!
              You are a good woman, Crabby!!!! (Is that an oxymoron? Good Woman/Crabby Big grin)
                is she allowed to take advil or anything? please excuse my ignorance, but aren't scientologists anti-drug, even OTC stuff? maybe that's why she ran 5+? she probably does have excellent trainers and so on and she's young and apparently has enough time and desire lately to get out of the house for long runs (my roommate gets PEOPLE magazine, i pick up weird celeb trivia sometimes), but maybe she goes easy b/c she can't take OTC drugs to deal w/ post-race pain?

Dog-Love

You are a good woman, Crabby!!!! (Is that an oxymoron? Good Woman/Crabby Big grin)
                  Thanks and yes I am a good woman and I am oftentimes crabby but I don't pinch. Read your poems...nice.
                  Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
                  Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I never take postrace drugs. And 5 1/2 hrs hurts loads worse than 4 1/2 hrs.
                      Beer is the only post race drug for me.

Runners run

Along for the Ride

I never take postrace drugs. And 5 1/2 hrs hurts loads worse than 4 1/2 hrs.
                        Yes, true words spoken. We talked about Oprah yesterday ... she ran it in 4.5 hours (back in 1997). Considering her weight ... nice job!

Your living is determined not so much by what life brings to you as by the attitude you bring to life; not so much by what happens to you as by the way your mind looks at what happens.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.

Swadvad

Read your poems...nice.
                          Thanks. I checked out your Crabby Professor page. Impressive. Katie Holmes appears to be far less intellegent. (Afterall, look who she married)
                            Allegations of Katie Holmes cheating: http://community.livejournal.com/ohnotheydidnt/19890291.html For all the runners, do these allegations hold any water?
                            JakeKnight

Allegations of Katie Holmes cheating: http://community.livejournal.com/ohnotheydidnt/19890291.html For all the runners, do these allegations hold any water?
                              The first four points and the last one all range from easily explainable to downright stupid, in my never humble opinion. For example: sometimes I'm covered with salt; sometimes no salt. I think it depends on the relative humidity or something. I've never, ever had bloody nipples - and I barely ever wear a bra. Except that one time in eighth grade when my Mom caught me. The identical splits? Eh. It happens. One time it happened when I knew I beat the other guy. Okay, it was a girl. Never mind. We ended up with identical splits and end times. Stupid chips. The high-heels? I wear those almost as rarely as I wear a bra, so I don't really know - but I'm guessing actress types are used to torturing their feet. That fifth point, though - the no pictures - that's almost interesting. But I'd like to think if she was going to cheat, she'd have aimed for a little better than 5:30. It's like a baseball player getting caught using steroids while hitting .135. If its a cheat, its the lamest cheat ever.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                              -----------------------------