Coffee? (Read 916 times)

I struggle with this every weekend. Coffee or no coffee prior to a run? Well, today I said "screw it" and I'm drinking coffee... The bad thing is, now I'll have to wait a few hours before heading out...

- Anya

Renee the dog

Always after. I find I run with more determination knowing coffee is waiting upon my return. Big grin Before I pop 3 fish oil pills, eat a few nuts, and am off. I used to go on empty, but as running became routine, I've found I can have a little bit of food before going out.

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

run4fun8910

i keep the coffee for after. I look forward to a good run and coming home and enjoying coffee.
        Short term goal: 5K Long term goal: half marathon. Stay injury free. Shawn
          Well, right about now, I'm regretting my decision... Nonoruns, what do fish oil pills do?

- Anya

Dead Fish oil pills make fish burps Dead, for me any way. I love my coffee, before in the cold weather, after in the summer.
            I love to eat, therefore I must run!
              why not have it before AND after the run??
                If I remember right, fish oils have Omega 3s. If you suffer from fish burps...you can get the omega 3s from other sources. I believe (and don't quote me on this), freshly ground flaxseed has Omega 3s in them. You can just sprinle them on to cereal, in a glass of milk, etc...
                zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Before...then I don't worry about having to do #2 during the run... Blush

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I could use some coffee right now. Long night.

Dave

You mentioned in another post about a baby coming. Were you up for that? Feeling like sharing?

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

If I remember right, fish oils have Omega 3s. If you suffer from fish burps...you can get the omega 3s from other sources. I believe (and don't quote me on this), freshly ground flaxseed has Omega 3s in them. You can just sprinle them on to cereal, in a glass of milk, etc...
                        Oh, cool. I have some flaxseed in the pantry. Maybe I'll try it on my cereal. I don't think I could handle the fish burp, or worse ( a female thing...)

- Anya

oh...flaxseed has high fiber which is very good at doing what fiber does...go easy on it the first few days....or there will be consequences.... Big grin
                            okay...so I am at work on my 8th straight 13 hour day and bored....looking at three more weeks of this....(can I have some sympathy here?) Anyway: Flax Six times richer than most fish oils in ω−3,[72] Flax (aka linseed) (Linum usitatissimum) and its oil are perhaps the most widely available botanical source of ω−3. Flaxseed oil consists of ca. 55% ALA (alpha-linolenic acid). Flax, like chia, contains approximately three times as much ω−3 as ω−6. 15 grams of flaxseed oil provides ca. 8 grams of ALA, which is converted in the body to EPA and then DHA at an efficiency of (2%-15%), and (2%-5%) respectively.[73] Also, walnuts, pecans and hazlenuts are good sources as well as eggs to a lesser extent. Kiwis have even higher levels than flaxseed.. There is no need to fish burp Wink

thumbs up!

I was in a small 5k around the holidays. I got there way too early to register and had to stand around outside waiting.The temp was 5°. They had lots of hot coffee however, which I drank lots and lots of to keep warm. In my excitement to get there, I didn't eat breakfast. By the time the race started I was very over caffeinated, jittery, nervous... My results were so bad. I had to walk, twice! I'm sure there were lots of reasons (like inexperience) that I tanked, but I feel better blaming it on the coffee. Smile
                              2010 Goals
                              1. get to and maintain 20 MPW
                              2. sub 50 min Crazy Legs 8k -- April 10 (so close! 50:13... next year)
                              3. sub 30 min 5k
                              4. improved time in Madison half marathon -- May 10
                              Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

You mentioned in another post about a baby coming. Were you up for that? Feeling like sharing?
                                Long night. Cool Big grin