A Good Customer Service Story about NordicTrack Treadmills (Read 182 times)

Teresadfp

One day at a time

We bought a NordicTrack treadmill almost five years ago.  We bought the service contract on it, also.  The service has been incredible!  Someone comes out once a year to maintain the treadmill.  They have replaced the belt and other parts.  This year, the technician noticed that the display screen was cracked and wouldn't switch displays (we can see basic time and speed, but that's it).  We explained that our teenager somehow smashed in the screen (he's a bull in a china closet).  The guy said, "Well, I can see if NordicTrack will replace it..."  He contacted me a few days later and asked me to email him photos of the screen.  So I did.  A few days later, we get an email from NordiTrack that they are sending a new display unit, worth over $600!  It will be replaced for free.

Our five-year contract ends next month, so I paid to extend it a year.  My husband runs on it five or six times a week, so it's worth it.  I will recommend NordicTrack to anybody!

npaden

Good to hear.

My Nordictrac 1750 is 2 years old now and so far hasn't had any issues.  I prefer to run outside, but just rolled over 1,000 miles on it last month.

The iFit street view never did work on mine but that wasn't important enough to ever get me to try to see about getting it fixed.

I bought the extended warranty, and assume someday I will need to use it for a broken deck or something like that, but so far so good.

In retrospect I wouldn't pay the $70 or so extra that I spent on the iFit feature, but other than that I'm pretty happy with mine.

Current PR's:  Mara 3:14:36* (2017); HM 1:36:13 (2017); 10K 43:59 (2014); 5K 21:12 (2016)

Ered

I was planning on buying one after Christmas. Such great timing. Thanks for the tip.

Feeling the growl again

Their customer service is good.  Which is good, because in the 18 months I had one of their machines I went through 7 consoles, 2 decks, a power button, a speed sensor, and the bearings in the back rotor were about shot when the main board went.  They then declared it a lemon and refunded my money (yay!).

Not to pick on NordicTrack; IMHO all of the treadmills in that price range are not meant to be used any real amount.  My prior unit had been a Sole (7 decks, 2 belts, plus other parts in <3 years) and my current a LifeSpan (on third console though wrapping in Saran wrap seems to have stopped the carnage, and just cracked the deck and ordered a replacement cord/socket which was arcing).

All $1000-$1500, all break down every 3-4 months on average running 1500-2000ish miles per year on them between the two of us.

Frankly the customer service has been good with all three of these companies.  The only bump I had was when LifeSpan sent me the wrong console and even sending the guy pics of the clearly different wiring harnesses and circuit boards inside it took me an hour to get the issue through to him and get the error figured out.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Same experience.  I didn't buy any kind of a service contract but needed some maintenance (rear roller bolt sheared off).  I was still under the original warranty.  In Canada the service is contracted out to a company called ICON.

The service guy was great.  Not only did he replace the bolt, but he also felt the motor was a little noisy so he put in a new motor (let me keep the old one as a backup) and replaced one of the side rails (it had a tiny nick in it from when the bolt snapped).

Never had such great service experience before!

2018 Goals

Figure out the achilles thing...... and THEN try to get running regularly again.

No racing goals 

npaden

Well, I just got to experience NordicTrack customer service for the first time today.

My treadmill keeps coming up to a logo screen and won't turn all the way on.

They are sending me a flash drive with a software patch and if that doesn't fix it they are going to send someone to replace the console.

The treadmill is 2 1/2 years old so it would be covered under the original parts warranty, but I sprung for the extended warranty so I'm still covered under parts and labor if they have to work on it.

Current PR's:  Mara 3:14:36* (2017); HM 1:36:13 (2017); 10K 43:59 (2014); 5K 21:12 (2016)

Feeling the growl again

FYI ICON is the company's name.  NordicTrack is one brand of equipment they sell.

Same experience.  I didn't buy any kind of a service contract but needed some maintenance (rear roller bolt sheared off).  I was still under the original warranty.  In Canada the service is contracted out to a company called ICON.

The service guy was great.  Not only did he replace the bolt, but he also felt the motor was a little noisy so he put in a new motor (let me keep the old one as a backup) and replaced one of the side rails (it had a tiny nick in it from when the bolt snapped).

Never had such great service experience before!

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Teresadfp

One day at a time

The service guy came out last week and replaced the display unit.  He also did more work on it.  It's like new!  I think this guy likes us, because the treadmill actually gets used a lot (six or seven days a week by my husband).  He said most people don't use theirs much.

npaden

Interesting.  Looks like I'm getting a brand new treadmill out of this whole deal.  You would have thought they kept some spare parts for a 2 year old model around somewhere, but I guess with the console issues some people were reporting they ended up running out of them.

They don't have any more consoles left to replace mine with so they are sending me a brand new treadmill.

Only drawback is I've been without a treadmill for a couple weeks now through all this and this weekend is supposed to be crappy weather and I'm going to have to run outside.

Feeling the growl again

It could be that there was a fundamental flaw with the console and they simply discontinued and found it cheaper to replace the machines that went bad than continue to make and ship replacement consoles.  My machine went through seven of them before they declared it a lemon and refunded my money.

Interesting.  Looks like I'm getting a brand new treadmill out of this whole deal.  You would have thought they kept some spare parts for a 2 year old model around somewhere, but I guess with the console issues some people were reporting they ended up running out of them.

They don't have any more consoles left to replace mine with so they are sending me a brand new treadmill.

Only drawback is I've been without a treadmill for a couple weeks now through all this and this weekend is supposed to be crappy weather and I'm going to have to run outside.

vedat

setup line for link spam to follow
                        Ahaana

link spam
                          Teresadfp

One day at a time

I know this thread was resurrected due to spamming, but I thought I would share that the treadmill I wrote about in 2014 is still going strong.  My husband still runs on it six or seven days a week.  Our last service contract ended a few months ago and they finally said they won't continue it any longer.  Several years ago, the technician said he'd never seen more miles on any treadmill he'd serviced.  I will be sad when this one bites the bullet.

Salimer77

That's fantastic customer service! It's great to see a company stand by its products and provide excellent support. Your experience with NordicTrack is a testament to their commitment to customer satisfaction. Thanks for sharing, and I'll definitely consider them for my fitness equipment needs!

monkey mart