Race Report: My first race: The Frosty 5K (Read 751 times)

Linda

Congrats Lisa-Marie.  You look strong in the pic.  Nice job.

IG profile @lindasig_runs

Headsweats Ambassador Discount Code  "LINDASIGRUNS"

Over 45 PR's:  5K - 21:21, Half - 1:39:49, Full - 3:33.47

runlikeagirl18

Congrats!

Cindy

2017 Races: Turkey Strut 5K 11/23, Mistletoe Half Marathon 12/2

ohanapecosh

Nice job!  Congratulations on meeting your goal!

Congratulations on your race.  Your  race photo looks like your smiling. Smile  Good luck on your 10K!

“Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” - T.S. Eliot

tom1961

Old , Ugly and slow

Good job on your first race.

first race sept 1977 last race sept 2007

2019  goals   1000  miles  , 190 pounds , deadlift 400 touch my toes

tinman11

Great job on your first race.  That's a great pic too! 

You look like you're having a blast.

As far as the length of the course, they measure it along the shortest distance through the turns etc - within the parameters of the course.

See how wide you went through the turn in the photo?  If you do that multiple times, you're Garmin is going to reflect what you ran, not the actual distance of the course. 

In a marathon, I try to run the tangents (cut the corners while staying on course), but will still typically show about 26.37 miles on my Garmin rather than 26.2, which is the actual distance of the race.  

Now you can use this information in your next race and trim a little off your overall time, providing you can get through some of the traffic jams going around turns......

Thank you for posting this report.  I loved reading it!  Great job! 

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

WTG!  Glad you enjoyed yourself and met your goal!

Disney freak

Great job on your first race.  That's a great pic too! 

You look like you're having a blast.

As far as the length of the course, they measure it along the shortest distance through the turns etc - within the parameters of the course.

See how wide you went through the turn in the photo?  If you do that multiple times, you're Garmin is going to reflect what you ran, not the actual distance of the course. 

In a marathon, I try to run the tangents (cut the corners while staying on course), but will still typically show about 26.37 miles on my Garmin rather than 26.2, which is the actual distance of the race.  

Now you can use this information in your next race and trim a little off your overall time, providing you can get through some of the traffic jams going around turns......

Thank you for posting this report.  I loved reading it!  Great job! 

Thank you SO much for explaining that to me!  I really appreciate it.  And it makes sense...

Lisa Marie

• first 5K on 12/8/12 - 39:14
                  • first 10K on 1/12/13 - 1:23:45
                  • upcoming races: Hypnotic Donut Dash - 1/26, Hot Chocolate 5K 2/9, Rock n Roll half relay 3/24
                  • training for Big D half on 4/14