Exciting improvement (Read 530 times)

I've noticed a lot of improvement in my running lately, from form improvements to speed improvements to enjoyment improvements (the best of all). But, being a total data head (I'm an engineer, what can I say?), I performed a couple of self-tests on the TM tracking my HR versus pace during a progressive run. The second test was this past Monday, and last night I analyzed the data and was very excited by what I found. I know a lot of folks don't get into HR monitoring, but it has definitely worked as a tool for me. It helped guide me to the right easy pace (when I was trying to follow MAF training), and now it demonstrates in hard data what I've been noticing qualitatively. My test methodology, if anyone is interested: 5 min warm-up walk @ 4.0mph, 10min run @ 4.2mph, 10min run @ 4.4mph, 10min run @ 4.6mph, 10min run @ 4.8mph, 10min run @ 5.0mph, 5min run @ 5.2mph (planned 10, but TM cut me off at 60min total). I didn't go as fast the first time, as I didn't feel ready. Test#1 was Jan 7, Test#2 was Feb 18. Below is a graph of my results. HR graphs
    Brandon

Queen of 3rd Place

From one data-head to another: very nice! Of course, you have zero degrees of freedom Wink Arla

Ex runner

The Greatest of All Time

Awesome! This is what's supposed to happen as fitness increases now you have quantifiable proof in your case. Well done!
        all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.
          From one data-head to another: very nice! Of course, you have zero degrees of freedom Wink Arla
          This is true, but in another 6 weeks or so, I'll do another test, then I'll at least have 1 degree of freedom. Smile Though I didn't get into it here (for fear of really looking like a dork, but here I go anyway...) I also fit the HR/speed data to a trendline and recorded the slopes and intercepts for comparison to future samples. There was a significant decrease in slope for both avg and max HRs from the 1st to the second test. I'll have to see if that trend continues as well.
          Brandon