Trent...the freaks are taking over your Trenternetâ„¢! (Read 619 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

So this chick on a site I frequent (ie lurk more than post--unlike RA) doesn't vax her kids, is pregnant with #5 when they can't afford 4, doesn't neuter her cats (yet lets them outdoors and thinks it's funny when they have repeated litters), etc...here is her latest gem: ~~~~~ Has anyone kept the placenta after birth? If you did, what did you do with it? I want to keep mine this time and possibly eat part of it. It is supposed to stop post partum bleeding/hemorrhaging and also ward of PPD. I have hemorrhaged after three of my births, twice requiring blood transfusions. I just have to get over the "ick" factor, but many women dehydrate it and take it in capsule form or mix it up in a berry flavored smoothie. http://www.geocities.com/virtualbirth/placenta.html Found another good site http://placentabenefits.info/ I know this post is going to get tons of "that's disgusting" as a response, but I can handle it. Maybe someone will have experience with this or know someone who has done this and can share thoughts/outcomes with me. ~~~~~ *speechless*

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

This is an old old practice. There are similar practices w.r.t. some of the products of the first weeks following birth. Don't ask.
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Oh, I know it's nothing new...but the claims of eating placenta having some health benefits... Confused Shy I do like the symbolic sorts of things people do...burying the placenta and planting a tree, for instance.

~ Sarah Kay

I think this practice (of eating the placenta) is more common overseas. OT: I always wondered why the PC/PA/Whatever movement does push a slogan of it's your baby or it's diner tonight. Surprised

Vim

Swadvad

Placenta? There was an afterbirth snack that I didn't know about? When my kids were born, I was so enthralled with the new baby, I forgot that my wife was still in the room. (She still reminds me of that)
              When my first son was born I was so annoyed with the amount of pain he just caused me I would have happily left the hospital without him, and ESPECIALLY without the placenta! Fortunately, the hospital and my husband made me bring the baby home, the hospital kept the placenta though. Big grin

Michelle

Jill_B

I fly.

Oh man, if only I knew about this 3 months ago.

Bring it on.

Lisa3.1

Omg
                    Big grin

Michelle

Stop. You're making me hungry.

- Anya

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Stop. You're making me hungry.
                        Craving a frothy placenta smoothie? Evil grin

~ Sarah Kay

Craving a frothy placenta smoothie? Evil grin
                          Suddenly I regret just finishing up a huge milkshake!! Tight lipped

Michelle

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

JB, what did y'all do with the foreskin?
                            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

JB, what did y'all do with the foreskin?
                              Appetizers...? Evil grin

~ Sarah Kay

Ringmaster

Who needs protein shakes?

Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. (Heb. 12:1b)
                                Mile by Mile