RacingHappy.com (Read 102 times)

Hello fellow RunningAHEADers,

I wanted to let you all know about a little website my wife and I put together called racinghappy.com.  This site is meant to be the place where you can figure out what race you're going to do next.  That's the reason we made it!  Being the savvy shopper that I am, I always found myself making lists and/or spreadsheets of races when deciding what race to do next.  I care about the price, of course, but I also care about the climb and overall difficulty, how pretty the course is, how well supported it is and so on.  There are plenty of websites out there that list upcoming races, we definitely get that.  But they're all over the place spread over hundreds of websites.  So I would find myself opening dozens of browser tabs/windows, copying relevant information that matter for my decision on what to register for next.

Rather than doing this awkwardly on a spreadsheet or on paper, private to only me, we thought, why not make a tool that lets users do this online?  So, here it is, in an "alpha" state anyway.  If you're like me and you like to do some comparison shopping before registering for a race, maybe you'll find this site useful.  If not, we'd like to hear why, we're definitely interested in feedback.

Here's a quick overview of features:

• Browse all races by facets like state, distance and climb
    • Add races
    • Add race reviews
    • Create a race wishlist
    • Get points for adding stuff

Thanks for reading and happy racing!

-Charlie

Not dead. Yet.

It a good looking site.  i am looking for a 5k in SoCal in the next few weeks, but you only have one 5k loaded. It's in NC.  are you counting on users to load the races, or were you gonna scrape other sites, or is there some sort of public API?

pretty unusable at this point, but would like to try it out when you have some data relevant to me loaded.

How can we know our limits if we don't test them?

For the moment, users provide the race info, a la Wikipedia.  But, I'm working on a means for ingesting other races.  There are some interesting race APIs out there that might do the trick.  Thanks so much for the feedback. Smile

Lane

I'm working on a means for ingesting other races. 

I only have one means for ingesting things, though I can see the difficulty in putting whole races in my mouth, chewing, and swallowing them.

This is a good race for ingesting:

http://www.krispykremechallenge.com/