5% Fall Weight-Loss Challenge (Read 776 times)

va

Don’t wait until New Year’s Day before you make a resolution to lose a little weight and improve your running performance. The 5% Fall Weight-Loss Challenge will be starting on Monday, 9/24. If you’d like to try and lose 5% of your weight by the end of the fall, come join us. Sign-up, by posting a note here.

What if I don't want to lose 5%? My wife would kill me! Can there be a 5% weight gain resolution? Although I wouldn't start that until after Marine Corps Marathon at the end of October...

Run to Win
      25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

va

Hmmm, what you need is a group for runners trying to gain weight. It would be fun trying to think up a name for that one...
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Hmmm, what you need is a group for runners trying to gain weight. It would be fun trying to think up a name for that one...
          "People zoom-zoom would like to trade places with"...? Wink k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Okay I'm in

My sport's your sport's punishment

2012 goals

100 Km month         150 K month      200K month

5K run    10K run     20K run              30K run

sub 30 min 5K         sub 55min 10K

Slow-smooth-fast

i've lost emough, i'm through with dieting for the moment. I am trying to put a bit of muscle mass on now. Good luck to you all.

"I've been following Eddy's improvement over the last two years on this site, and it's been pretty dang solid. Sure the weekly mileage has been up and down, but over the long haul he's getting out the door and has turned himself into quite a runner. He's only now just figuring out his potential. Consistency in running is measured in years, not weeks. And over the last couple of years, Eddy's made great strides" Jeff 14 Jan 2009

va

Hey, that makes 2 runners trying to bulk up (i.e., you and Run To Win)...
                  Although I hate you people who need to gain weight let me be the first to post that I have lost 3 pounds so I am almost 1/2 way to 5%.

2012 goals

va

That's excellent! Note the challenge doesn't start until Monday, so your challenge weight will be 5% off of your Monday weigh-in weight. Also, this challenge is only open to member of the Jiggly Joggers, so come on over an join! Note, I am not encouraging you to postpone any further weight-loss until Monday. You should take what you can get! Big grin

Cryptic

I have been working on gaining some weight since the end of August. It is going better than expected. Make that 3 peeps.
                        If it doesn't start until Monday I'm eating like a fool all weekend.

2012 goals

va

Big grin
                          va

The final Summer 5% Weight-Loss Challenge results are in, and I’m happy to report that 7 runners met their 5% weight-loss targets. This includes freckles, swoods6758, MandyS, LisaMDJ, brainradio, downshiftbarbie, and yoursTruly. Congrats to these runners and to all others that participated. A total of 136.5 pounds were lost by the group! Special congrats goes to freckles who lost 210% of her 5% target, and MandyS and LisaMDJ who have met their 5% targets in both the spring AND summer challenges! If you’re interested in joining the fall challenge, just stop by. You can join at any time.