I have a feeling RA might be getting more members from RW (Read 2862 times)

dallison

registered pw

RW.com seems to be changing things and RA keeps on coming up as a good alternative to join. I see it's not real active here, but hopefully that will change. I've imported my running data and should be making any additions here instead.

2017 goals:

sub 1:30 half 

Feeling the growl again

It's more active than you think, it fooled me that way at first too; a lot of the interactions occur in the subgroups you can join.  Look through them for some that pique your interest. Welcome aboard.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

qwerty85

That would be good for the people joining. Lots of good advice here. Smile Not much of the how can I not run and get a pr because doing this dumb stuff makes a lot if sense when you clearly hate running... Somehow.
        xor

heather sighting!

ohanapecosh

I hope RunAhead does get more RW members on the forums.  Frankly, the new RW forums hurt my eyes, but I enjoy lurking there to read the inspiring race reports.  However, it would be all the better if I could read that stuff here!

BeeRunB

As a survivor of the CoolRunningcaust in 2007 who walked thousands of miles to get to RA, I feel qualified to say that RA is not just a refugee camp, it's a home. Eric, the creator and Codegod (no worship or song necessary---but personally, I think there should be an Eric song), is always making the infrastructure better without drastic upheaval, and is always available. People love the training log, posts and pages load fast and are easy to read, AND you can start your own community within a community (user groups). The RA community is also getting very close to a 100% understanding of the difference between and usage of the words "loose" and "lose." Around here almost every single one of us "lose weight", and almost none "loose weight." Welcome. Cool

dennrunner

As a survivor of the CoolRunningcaust in 2007 who walked thousands of miles to get to RA, I feel qualified to say that RA is not just a refugee camp, it's a home. Eric, the creator and Codegod (no worship or song necessary---but personally, I think there should be an Eric song), is always making the infrastructure better without drastic upheaval, and is always available. People love the training log, posts and pages load fast and are easy to read, AND you can start your own community within a community (user groups). The RA community is also getting very close to a 100% understanding of the difference between and usage of the words "loose" and "lose." Around here almost every single one of us "lose weight", and almost none "loose weight." Welcome. Cool

Now if we could get some people (okay, several on RA and tons on the internet in general) to understand the difference between "then" and "than" we'd be set.

xor

definately!

Defiantly!

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Tramps

Around here almost every single one of us "lose weight", and almost none "loose weight." Welcome. Cool

Speak for yourself. 

I've got plenty of loose weight.

Be safe. Be kind.

The Terminator

I'm a Cool Running refuge as well, but found RA to be a much better site anyway.  Great log and welcoming, knowledgeable community.  Only wish I had stumbled upon RA first!

"In the South, the cotillion of Machiavelli is played as a soft-shoe, in three-quarter time." - Pat Conroy

Coach Jeanne

Speculum Wrangler

+1 from another CR refugee.  I easily transferred my running log over here.  I come and go with my Forum participation, but I'm always welcomed when I come back.  And then there's Eric.  Who is pretty much a running-log superstar in my book.

Jeanne

stealth.rnr

She laughs at me......

Hi Stevie.

I needed to start a new log anyway.

ohanapecosh

I'm also a CoolRunning refugee, and I have to say I really can't imagine a better running log than this one!  It's hard to believe it's been 5 years. Wink

LRB

What up doe!

Ricky Rick is in the hizzouse!

This place is as blinding white as the new RW lol!

Supp SRL, Stealth, Kentrose, and Dallison!

I will check in from time to time.