I have a feeling RA might be getting more members from RW (Read 2862 times)

Converted to RA also. Too much spam. Now just got to get my log updated!

Mmmmm...beer

Another ones from RW.  We have sigs here, woohoo! Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

LRB

Wow, and look at the size of my avatar! What a big nose I have.

Well you did say the new avi's on RW was too small didn't you - lol!

Mmmmm...beer

Another one from RW.  We have sigs here, woohoo! Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

HappyFeat

Let's not get too celebratory folks. We still have a long way to go to stamp out the word "chaffing".

So true! Why is that? I'll never understand.

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

xor

Another ones from RW.  We have sigs here, woohoo! Smile

Believe me, it is against my wishes.

Queen of 3rd Place

Welcome RW people, yet another satisfied CR refugee from a few years back. 

Just want to add that this is a one-man (Eric) show. You can enjoy ad-free content for cheap. Or, get the ads. Or get that ads and support Eric. A good deal, IMO. 

Ex runner

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Hi, new peeps!  I've been here since the relatively early days of RA.  When CR imploded and sent a lot of members here it was admittedly really overwhelming for a lot of us.  But in hindsight I think almost everyone here is thankful for the friendships we've gained from that migration.  At least I certainly am.  And I don't think I'm alone.

RA is definitely different from what I have seen in the past at RWOL, but I think that's really a positive.  You won't find a running site with a more hands-on owner.  RA is truly a labor of love for Eric.  I am 99% certain that I would have quit running YEARS ago were it not for his investment in creating a really wonderful and motivational place for runners (and multisport folks, too...I don't even run all that much, nowadays, but I log everything here) to track their efforts and share in support of one-another.  I hope you will all find this place to be as positive a corner of the interwebs as many of us have.  Welcome! Smile

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

What's this CR (Cool Running): migration \ exodus you all speak of anyway, I'm assuming it's when Active got involved.

What's this CR (Cool Running): migration \ exodus you all speak of anyway, I'm assuming it's when Active got involved.

Correct. Welcome RW folks. This place has a lot of depth. The user groups are great as are the very motivating pace bunnies! I'm a Cool Running migrator too. 

Suffering Benefiting from mature onset exercise addiction and low aerobic endorphin release threshold. Hoping there is no cure.

Truely!

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

runfoolery

AND you can start your own community within a community (user groups). The RA community is also getting very close to a 100% understanding of the difference between and usage of the words "loose" and "lose." Around here almost every single one of us "lose weight", and almost none "loose weight." Welcome. Cool

Would a user group be the best place to start the Dailies and Penguin type threads we had at RWOL? Basically different groups of people post their daily runs if they so choose, and the nicer folks would be all encouraging and stuff. I haven't seen such threads here, am I missing something?

When I read loose/lose I thought it sounded so idyllic, but now I wonder, what about reign/rein, it's/its, pluralizing apostrophe's, your/you're, and begging the question?

Sigh

BeeRunB

Would a user group be the best place to start the Dailies and Penguin type threads we had at RWOL? Basically different groups of people post their daily runs if they so choose, and the nicer folks would be all encouraging and stuff. I haven't seen such threads here, am I missing something?

When I read loose/lose I thought it sounded so idyllic, but now I wonder, what about reign/rein, it's/its, pluralizing apostrophe's, your/you're, and begging the question?

Sigh

Its and it's, your and you're are usually understood, but are just speed writing mistakes that get past the spellcheck. Lose/loose almost seems to have been allowed in some form of creative spelling class in the the new era of teaching post 1979. They come out of high school thinking lose is spelled like loose. Cool

The type of thread you describe can be found in tow placed that I know: in the Masters user group and Low-Heart training forum.

You could always start one on the main board. Why not?

--Jimmy

Runny_babbit

hop, hop, hop...

*hops on over from RW*

Looks like a nice place!

MM #8764 / HF #6535 / Double Agent #668

PRs: 5K - 27:43, 10K - 57:14, HM - 2:06:18, FM - 5:22:42

~How old would you be if you didn't know how old you were supposed to be?~

Better I Leave

Well I'm from RW as well.

I'm a rookie runner but forum/online veteran and have built a few forums/websites in my time and I found it rather disconcerting that the Admins/Mods over there appear to disregard the issues that the community is speaking of. The performance of the site is horrific and the endless spam makes it tedious at best to wade through. Looking forward to learning new stuff and perhaps sharing some experiences with others here. Smile