I have a feeling RA might be getting more members from RW (Read 2862 times)

xor

Would a user group be the best place to start the Dailies and Penguin type threads we had at RWOL? Basically different groups of people post their daily runs if they so choose, and the nicer folks would be all encouraging and stuff. I haven't seen such threads here, am I missing something?

When I read loose/lose I thought it sounded so idyllic, but now I wonder, what about reign/rein, it's/its, pluralizing apostrophe's, your/you're, and begging the question?

Sigh

Hi Mr Park.

The special groups are a fun thing to discover and may be a good place for certain dailies and chat threads. You will find that some special groups get little traffic, whereas a couple (like Masters) get quite a bit.  And, you know how one of the points of faux contention in RWOL BF is the number of chat threads?  Shoot, most threads in Masters are what yall (or is it y'all) would consider chat threads.  I realize Masters isn't the right place to plunk down some of that stuff, but it is working model.  And, hey, maybe some of the RWOLers would like to post in there.

You aren't really missing much... those type threads are spread around, but mostly in the groups area.  Feel free to start up stuff in the main board.  We've never been supremely hardcore here about what goes into section A versus section B versus section C with the idea that some of it is common sense, and the stuff that is fuzzy could go into one or 'nother place.

As for traffic here, it has its (not it's) ebbs and flows.

Also: shit. piss. damn.

I am not encouraging profanity.

BTW, you may or may not find a similar-but-not-really-the-same thing as NRR off in the groups somewhere.  Perhaps in a couple places.

Also, as we learned from Pulp Fiction... they got the same shit there that we got here... but there it's just a little different.  What I mean by that is cultural... things are slightly different here. A few different lingo-isms (please don't mark stuff "NRR"; just post stuff that isn't running related in Off the Beaten Path or perhaps special groups which may or may not be for tomfoolery). And subtly different running recommendations.  The smart people here are not exactly the same as the smart people there. 

HermosaBoy

I am not encouraging profanity.

Why the fuck not???

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

BeeRunB

Why the fuck not???

I'm offended by the unnecessary extra two question marks. If you want emphasis, please use bold, exclamation points, capital letters, or hit your PC. Thank you.

HermosaBoy

I'm offended by the unnecessary extra two question marks. If you want emphasis, please use bold, exclamation points, capital letters, or hit your PC. Thank you.

As you wish!

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

xor

I am offended by the winkie.

The winkie, especially at the end of a post, is never good.  Ever.  It does not clarify your point, nor does it clarify whether the post is sincere or sarcastic or some other kind of thing.

Winkies aren't cool Wink

Hi, everyone!

Another RWOL expatriot. Didn't post too often (and when I did they added minimal value) but I lurked voraciously and learned a lot. Hope to do the same here. Now to hand enter my 2.5 years of running data into the training log. Ahhh, memory lane! Looking forward to getting to know folks here. Best wishes!

Andy

Lazy idiot

Hi, everyone!

Another RWOL expatriot. Didn't post too often (and when I did they added minimal value) but I lurked voraciously and learned a lot. Hope to do the same here. Now to hand enter my 2.5 years of running data into the training log. Ahhh, memory lane! Looking forward to getting to know folks here. Best wishes!

Andy

Andy,

If you're migrating from the RW log, please consider using the Import tool (can be found on the Tools page under the Training Log tab).  I'd hate to think that you're hand entering all that data, when it's probably just a few clicks from being here.

welcome to RA, everybody.

Tick tock

Julia1971

I am offended by the winkie.

The winkie, especially at the end of a post, is never good.  Ever.  It does not clarify your point, nor does it clarify whether the post is sincere or sarcastic or some other kind of thing.

Winkies aren't cool Wink

Okay.  I remember learning somewhere that a problem with email (and other forms of written communication) is that words can come across harsher than the sender intended because they can't pick up on non-verbal cues.  So, I'll use winkies when I write something that might read harsh but isn't intended that way.  But, you're right in that as internet people, how are you supposed to know what each person intends?

I think the "clink" is not cool.  It reminds me of the boss on Office Space or something. 

dallison

registered pw

Hey, i'll try to keep the shine down on the forehead. 

What up doe!

Ricky Rick is in the hizzouse!

This place is as blinding white as the new RW lol!

Supp SRL, Stealth, Kentrose, and Dallison!

I will check in from time to time.

2017 goals:

sub 1:30 half 

Pussy says you are not all hard core here. I might stick around for awhile. I have been using the training log for years. It is pretty empty right now due to injury recovery.

I need to fix my signature....

Hawt and sexy

Wow. A new influx? Will there be popcorn?

I'm touching your pants.

Welcome. and don't forget to tip your waitress subscribe and support the almighty EricSmile.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Okay.  I remember learning somewhere that a problem with email (and other forms of written communication) is that words can come across harsher than the sender intended because they can't pick up on non-verbal cues.  So, I'll use winkies when I write something that might read harsh but isn't intended that way.  But, you're right in that as internet people, how are you supposed to know what each person intends?

That's what I thought too.

steph  

Welcome. and don't forget to tip your waitress subscribe and support the almighty EricSmile.

This.

Runners run

dallison

registered pw

Damn, i forgot about the profanity thing. Anything spicier than water is not tolerated on RW. I'm liking this place already. And guess what? my posts are actually posting and i don't have to do it 12 times in order to get it done once.

2017 goals:

sub 1:30 half