I have a feeling RA might be getting more members from RW (Read 2862 times)

I don't always drink beer, but when I do I prefer Yazoo Dos Perros 2-for-1 specials around a fire pit with lots of RA'ers at a pizza joint with a challenged wait staff.

Runners run

xor

There is an interesting Jeff (of the "Running in the abstract" and  "Platonic form of training ") here.

Is he 'daddy' yet?

xor

(I put this in the wrong thread.  There are a lot of similar threads)

As for profanity....

It's legal.  But it ain't a hundred percent legal.  I mean, you can't open up any thread, go on a roll and start Murphy-in away.  BCR wants you to cuss in your home or certain designated places.

Breaks down like this, ok... It's legal to know it.  It's legal to think it.  And if you are the proprietor of a thread, it's legal to say it.  It's illegal to attack people with it, but that doesn't really matter 'cause, get a lot of this, all right - if you get popped by the mods in RA, it's ILLEGAL for them to search you. I mean, that's a right that mods in RA don't have.

Wear do you guys get this shit from?   Also I thought it was wrong to speak of this place in the GSP?  I think we might have a double agent among us. 

http://www.runningahead.com/forums/post/4710c6995faf4b63a221a705827cf9f4#focus

2014 Goals: (Yeah I suck)

• Sub 22  5K
          • Sub 1:35 1/2 marathon 
          • Sub 3:25:00 Marathon
          xor

So I guess that profanity finger wag was more of a guideline than a rule. Fucking A.

I was here for four years before I encountered the term "GSP".  The place is not scary, but it is fun that some folks in the special groups (especially Masters) absolutely will NOT venture out and post here.

So I guess that profanity finger wag was more of a guideline than a rule. Fucking A.

I was here for four years before I encountered the term "GSP".  The place is not scary, but it is fun that some folks in the special groups (especially Masters) absolutely will NOT venture out and post here.

I'm just giving the new people a hard time.  You should have to earn the right to curse around these parts by being here awhile.  You don't walk up to the new neighbors house and say "Hey can you get your fucking kids off my goddam yard!"!

Yeah I find it funny as well that a certain female in the swamp will never venture out to see what was said about her in the GSP.  

2014 Goals: (Yeah I suck)

• Sub 22  5K
              • Sub 1:35 1/2 marathon 
              • Sub 3:25:00 Marathon

The term GSP was coined (by none other than JK) during the First Great Coolrunning Immigration of 2006 or whatever. Back then there were only like 30 people who ever posted in these forums and then all of a sudden there were hundreds of new people yammering away in their coolrunning lingo and shit.

Nowadays there are so many of "us" that we can absorb an immigrant population much more easily and you're right, it's not scary at all. The are be assimilated.

mta: Not sure why I'm feeling so charitable with the RA history lessons today. Happy Holidays, I guess, you fucckers!

Runners run

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Several years ago I was looking for a couple of last-minute folks to fill spots on a relay team when a couple decided to bail.  Someone suggested I ask around on the Masters board.  I popped in there and found dozens of people I had never seen before on RA.  They were all very active, so it wasn't like it was a few random lurkers.  It was like some weird parallel dimension of RA, or something.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

xor

That started back in the coolrunning days, where those folks were known as "Boomers"  (because until about 10 years ago, pretty much anyone above the age of 40 was a "baby boomer". No more.)  They had their own area and they didn't venture out of it because the similar social areas... like the coolrunning clubhouse... were, in fact, kind of scary.  So they have their own place and are very happy in there.

It's a lot of folks too!

dallison

registered pw

golden shower party? it sounds scary to me.

2017 goals:

sub 1:30 half 

Imminent Catastrophe

I've been her as long as SRL and still don't know what GSP means. I guess I'm not one of the cool guys.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

xor

Gun Shot Poon.

(perfesser, I assume you aren't a swamp-er either then.  GSP is a term used in some of the groups like masters and the swamp and I suspect that lady place that I am not allowed to refer to.  "Great Scary Place". As in, "the regular, open-to-everyone forum area.")

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

It's a lot of folks too!

For realz.  I had no idea!  People had talked about the Masters board, but I would never have guessed that the membership roll would be so vast.  It's truly like a running site within a running site.

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

that lady place that I am not allowed to refer to.

You can say vagina, you know...unless you are a female politician in Michigan.  Then you will have your hand slapped for using such vulgarity in mixed company. Tongue

~ Sarah Kay

Slo

For the record...The Masters rule.

And even within the Masters we have sub groups...Threads that I myself rarely open and have post in them from people I don't know.

It's a kinder, gentler swamp.