SOME NEW IDEAS (Read 616 times)

Ben1

HI ERIC, REALLY IMPRESSED WITH THE SITE. BUT I KNOW YOU MUST BE ALWAYS LOOKING FOR WAYS TO IMPROVE IT SO HERE ARE SOME IDEAS: (Please let me know if these features are already available as I am a new comer) - A GROUP LOGIN ON RUNNINAHEADS HOMEPAGE. THIS WAY A COACH CAN ACCESS HIS GROUP OF ATHLETES QUICKLY WITHOUT THE HASSLE OF HAVING HIS OWN ACCOUNT. MOST COACHES DON'T NEED THEIR OWN LOGS Roll eyes. BY HAVING ACCESS HE CAN POST IN THE GROUPS FORUMS AND CHECK OUR TRAINING LOGS/MAPS EG USER NAME: GROUP NAME PASSWORD. - Also is it possible to have the option for members of a group to receive an email when there is a new post in the groups forum - A SECTION IN THE PERSONAL RECORDS WHERE YOU CAN ENTER GOALS - COUNTDOWN TIMER FOR COMING RACES THAT DISPLAYS IN THE SUMMARY PAGE - UNDERNEATH CALENDAR ON THE MENU BAR HAVE A MENU OPTION TO UPLOAD YOUR TRAINING SCHEDULE FOR THAT WEEK/MONTH. IT COULD BE CALLED T-PROGRAM AND IN THIS PAGE YOU CAN OPEN YOUR TRAINING PROGRAM BY CLICKING ON IT. - HAVING A DIFFERENT COLOUR OPTION FOR MARKING OUT COURSES ON A MAP. I HAVE FOUND THE GOOGLE EARTH MAPPING VERY BENEFICIAL TO STUDY RACE COURSES FOR TRIATHLON EVENTS. ITS GOOD FOR CHECKING OUT HOW HILLY THE BIKE AND RUN COURSES ARE AS WELL AS HOW TECHNICAL. IF YOU COULD MARK THE SWIM IN BLUE; THE BIKE IN BLACK AND THE RUN IN RED THIS WOULD BE AWSOME CAN'T WAIT. I WOULD REALLY LIKE TO GET THIS ALL SET UP SO MY COACH BECOMES INTERESTED IN USING IT. CHEERS; BE
    WWW.BEN-YATES.COM
    Ben1

SORRY TO BE ANNOYING BUT I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE HANDY IF YOU COULD VIEW HOW MANY USERS ARE ONLINE IN THE FORUMS PAGE.
      WWW.BEN-YATES.COM
      eric :)

Ben, If you make your group and log publicly viewable, then your coach will not need to have an account in order to view them. However, he will need to create an account if he wishes to post to the group's forum so that random people won't be able to post in your group. It's a good thing. Right now, the site does not support email notifications. It's something that I might add in the future if enough people want it. Right now, if the group has any new activities, you'll see it under its name on your group membership list. I was planning to add training plans and goals near the end of the year, but it doesn't seem like I'll be able to get to it because of the feature requests that are coming in. As for colors, I've been wanting to do that too. The software is already capable of handling colors. I just need to put the color picker on. It's on my very long to do list. eric Smile
        Ben1

Thanks Eric. I appreciate all of your hard work and realise you must have a long list to get to. This is just such a well presented Training Log and already has so many abilities that no other log on the web has. Yours truly is the best! I think with the addition of a schedule and uploading of training schedules(like an attachment on an email you can click on) it will not only be an excellent training log but also a terrific athlete management tool. Some of us lead busy lives, Work, University, friends/family and still have to fit in our training somewhere. Thanks again for your reply and look forward to seeing all of the new features arrive over the coming months. Ben
          WWW.BEN-YATES.COM