Brooks Running Skirt (Read 1035 times)

Jill_B

I fly.

Hey ladies- One of my running girlfriends just mailed me a Brooks Running Skirt, which I wore this morning on a 3 mile run. I don't know if it is too big or what, but it kept slidding down and I felt like I was loosing it. Not a good thing. Do you all really like these better than shorts? I think it's cute, but not all that practical. Maybe it's just the brand though. -Jill

Bring it on.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I LOVE running skirts! I won't even wear shorts anymore. My guess is that it is too big. Does it have the shorts built-in? I know that the NB skirts run pretty generous. On the other hand, the SkirtSports skirts seem to run pretty small. It might just take trying different brands and/or styles to find one you like. There's nothing like not having the fabric of traditional shorts bunching-up between your thighs. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Jill_B

I fly.

It has shorts built in, but it's still just not for me. I think it is too large, but I don't know how much I'd like it even if it fit properly.

Bring it on.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

What size is it...? I'll bet you'd find an interested party if you wanted to sell it to another gal here. Wink k

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Jill, is it like this one? That's really cute, and has a fairly long inseam at 5". Most running skirts are shorter, with 3-4" inseams. That longer length is kind of nice. I think I am going to feel sorta self-conscious in my SkirtSports skirt, since it's really short. k

~ Sarah Kay

I bought myself a running skirt, and I like it...my husband REALLY likes it. But, I am too used to running with regular shorts. I can't help but feel that I'm supposed to be wearing heels with it since it's a skirt. So I have to admit that I will only wear it while running on the treadmill. Plus, the shirts I run with don't look right with the skirt. After seeing all the runners this past Sunday I realize that my running clothes are pathetic. I don't have any of the cool warm up jackets, or running capri's pants, or regular stretch running pants! I have two pairs of shorts and now a running skirt. Guess it might be time to pry open that purse of mine and invest in some real running clothes. I'm pretty stingy with my money, if I'm not buying for the kids I have trouble buying. My favorite place to shop for me is the local thrift shop. That is where I found my favorite running shorts, which are actually yoga shorts. I get brand name clothes for a fraction of the cost compared to a regular store. My favorite Abercrombie (sp?) jeans were bought at the local local thrift shop for just $4. Guilt-free shopping!

Michelle

Love my running skirts! I know once it gets really hot here I'll REALLY love my skirts since they are much cooler than any shorts I've ran in. For me it's all about comfort and I'm REALLY comfortable in the skirts (was a little self consious the first time though).

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Jill_B

I fly.

That is the one. Maybe the reason I don't like it is because I'm sort of short and it's really long (well, not for a skirt, but for running). It's a size small, but it's more like a 6-8 small than a 2-4 small. I had no idea it was so expensive! I'd better get started on my thank you note!

Bring it on.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yeah, that sounds like it runs a bit more like the NB running skirts. I have 2 smalls, but they are like generous size 6s. I think once I get to my goal weight that they will be a bit too big. k

~ Sarah Kay

That is the one. Maybe the reason I don't like it is because I'm sort of short and it's really long (well, not for a skirt, but for running). It's a size small, but it's more like a 6-8 small than a 2-4 small. I had no idea it was so expensive! I'd better get started on my thank you note!
                      JB - I was going to ask to try it, but it sounds like it wont fit me. Maybe once I get to my goal weight, I could borrow it? I have made about 5 lbs worth of progress the past months or so, according to a scale that always seems to be about 5 lbs in the direction I want. Wink
                        I bought myself a running skirt, and I like it...my husband REALLY likes it!
                        Wow! I cant believe you and your husband can trade clothes! Can you share shoes too???? Roll eyes
                        Jill_B

I fly.

Abbaroodle -- I thought you were on the disabled list, are you healed?

Bring it on.

Abbaroodle -- I thought you were on the disabled list, are you healed?
                            I am back to ignoring my hip and hoping it will get better. That worked so well last time, right, so why nnot try again? I am up to a mile a couple times this past week. Its a start at least. Cool Sleepy Roll eyes
                              As often with mail order clothes, sizing seems to be a problem. Any of you knows of a store that would carry running skirts? I don't think Target has them. Any other place, REI, Sports Authority? Ewa
                              I would rather wear out than rust out. - Helen Klein You create your own universe as you go along. - Winston Churchill
                              Jill_B

I fly.

A while ago on another message board someone said Walmart has some. I have no idea if they do or don't, but it is easy enough to check.

Bring it on.