What's the most unusual or humorous name of a race you've participated in? (Read 1258 times)

Half Fanatic #846

OK - I'll start. Being from the south, I have run the "Sopchoppy Worm Grunter's 5K". Surprisingly, the t-shirt wasn't bad looking - even with pinkish colored worms on it! Surprised Anyone else got one?

"I don't always roll a joint, but when I do, it's usually my ankle" - unk.         "Frankly autocorrect, I'm getting a bit tired of your shirt".                  I ran half my last race on my left foot!                                  

Run the race God set B4U

I ran in the "Toad Suck Daze" 5K in 1999. This is still an ongoing festival Smile
      5K's (11), Half Marathon (1), Relay Marathon (1), 15K's (2)
        I ran in the "Toad Suck Daze" 5K in 1999. This is still an ongoing festival Smile
        Toad Suck? Is that Conway? Right on... I ran the Fall Creek Thaw 15k. Now, that's not too bad of a stretch, but I didn't really get the Thaw part since it was in the South on a 70 degree day.
        Scout7

Lesse: Half-Wit Half "Dam" Run Dirty Bird The Pickle Run Race Series Dreaded Druid (that's in Baltimore) Blues Cruise 50k King of the Hill Un-fun Run Mudfest

My dogs are fast, not me

The Wet Nose 5K - a fund raiser for an animal rescue.

Robin

Half Fanatic #846

On my local running club's calendar: "Mayhaw Festival" 5K - I think it's a tree nut or fruit that jelly can be made from... "Gnat Days" 5K - and I probably won't do it again because there were so many gnats getting in my face! "Draggin' Tail" Ultra & 18 Miler - GREAT t-shirts! "Mall Rat Duathlon" Confused

"I don't always roll a joint, but when I do, it's usually my ankle" - unk.         "Frankly autocorrect, I'm getting a bit tired of your shirt".                  I ran half my last race on my left foot!                                  

Lazy idiot

Beer Bottle Open

Tick tock

Run the race God set B4U

Toad Suck? Is that Conway? Right on... I ran the Fall Creek Thaw 15k. Now, that's not too bad of a stretch, but I didn't really get the Thaw part since it was in the South on a 70 degree day.
                  Yep...Conway...have you heard of it??????? I have ran all 5 5K's in Conway, but not all "Toad Suck Daze" races Smile
                  5K's (11), Half Marathon (1), Relay Marathon (1), 15K's (2)
                  Teresadfp

One day at a time

Schlotzsky's 5k Bun Run. Silly T-shirt - a running sandwich with the slogan, "FEED THE KNEAD TO MOVE YOUR BUNS." Tongue
                    Kimmie

Stupid Little 10 miler instead of a t-shirt, they gave away pencils. the awards were random trophies... beauty queens, horse jockeys, etc... it was one of my favorite races. Berryville, Va. My husband is from Michigan and I would like to coordinate a visit in time for the 10 mile race in Hell, MI called Run Through Hell. I just want the T-shirt. And even though everybody's heard of it, I still want to do the Flying Pig.

Lazy idiot

And even though everybody's heard of it, I still want to do the Flying Pig.
                        What about the Flying Monkey, you could add another airborne mammal to your list. Big grin

Tick tock

Kimmie

Now the flying monkey sounds like a blast. do you know if it fills up fast?
                            Last year it took a few months to get close to filling, but it may fill faster this year. Trent has been doing a lot of, shall we say, grassroots promotion.

Yep...Conway...have you heard of it??????? I have ran all 5 5K's in Conway, but not all "Toad Suck Daze" races Smile
                              I worked at a church in Russellville last summer. Lots of friends in Conway, Russellville, and the area.

A Saucy Wench

Run Like Hell Half Marathon - on halloween. The first year the medals were pumpkins. Not medals shaped like pumpkins...actual 4" pumpkins from the grocery. Hippie Chick Half Best Dam Run hmmmm cant think of any others..oh except for the Y2K runs..thats just geeky. In 2000 it was the Y2K run, this year it was the Y2K8 run...as in 2008 as in 20.08K Roll eyes

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7