Decrease in training pace after a race? Normal? (Read 507 times)

I did a 10k about 2 weeks ago, and since then, the past 7 runs has been surprisingly faster than my usual training run speed. Although the pace is lower, I don't feel uncomfortable at all. Like 4 hours ago, I did 7+km and I was dead sure I was doing a 6min/km. Turns out I was doing 5:32min/km! I couldn't believe it so I double checked the route again on google earth to see if I missed out some distance on the route, even though I ran the route a dozen of times to know how long it was. Turns out the distance is still the same (not surprisingly) Tongue Is this decrease in pace a normal post-race thing? Any o/p is appreciated. Smile
      I notice this effect when I add in some speedwork after a period of basebuilding. Not sure of the physiological reasons, but it's always nice to be able to run faster at the same perceived effort.
        I notice this effect when I add in some speedwork after a period of basebuilding. Not sure of the physiological reasons, but it's always nice to be able to run faster at the same perceived effort.
        The point in speedwork is to become faster. not sure what kind of "speedwork" you are doing but you train faster because you become fitter.
          Race = Tempo run done a little too fast. = speedwork