NIKE Lunar Trainer (Read 766 times)

Marquess of Utopia

Has anyone tried these out? I've read quotes like: "Typically, if a runner wants to log a lot of mileage training, they’d expect footwear with extra cushioning and support to handle the demand of the road. The LunarTrainer set out to overturn those expectations" and "The foam is soft and spreads force evenly over a larger area, so you aren’t putting excessive pressure on isolated areas of your feet." On dyestat.com someone posted that you should be able to get 300 miles out of the LunaRacer. I've haven't seen anything on the mileage for the Lunar Trainer. If I could log 500 miles 50-80per week with 20+ mile long runs and feel less or as equally stressed as compared to other heavier trainers; I would buy a pair of them despite how ugly they are. I've tested the LunaRacer in the store and “Wow”; I may pick up a pair when my NB-826's wear out.
    Sisu

I had them for about 300 miles and the cushioning has definitely declined. But I love them and they are a great shoe if they are right for you. I used to have patellar tendonitis and now it is completely gone. Being able to train in a relatively light shoe, while have optimal cushioning works well for me and I hope for others.
        I got a pair and while Nikes are usually a great fit for me these aren't. They felt nice in the store, but it was a blister-fest when I wore them for any kind of distance. Also, the back of the shoe doesn't have the normal cut-out around the achilles - I got a nasty blister there as well.
        Next race: Acura 5k (July 19) Why practice running slow? It comes naturally!