The Running Man/Fat Man Running may be out for a while (Read 1082 times)

Hey Bernie. I was just thinking about you & wanted to give a shout out. I hope things are going ok. I'm praying for you! Eryn
    So do not get tired and stop trying. - Hebrews 12:3

Dog-Love

Hey Running man: I wish you all the strength and support somefrom from afar can muster! You make me realize that each day is to be appreciated and that each run (strong or wimpy) is a source of connection with your body. Stay strong and I will stay tuned! Really...best of luck Sherry
      Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
        Hello to everyone, and thank all of you for your kind words! I just got home from 3 days of being poked and scanned, I have had enough radioactive crap shot into me for the scans to light up the city! ( I think my pee glows in the dark ) Big grin So now I play the waiting game and see what happens. All I know right now is that it's back and we need to see how bad and where. My family does know and everything is ok. I should know more next week as the test results come back. But for now I told my Doctor that I want to get back to running and he gave me the Ok as long as I dont over do it. ( Glad he has not seen my log ) Wink I guess I kinda thought something was up because the last 4-5 weeks I was having a lot of headaches and getting and feeling a little weak. So Im taking some medication to help build up my body etc... and will start running in the next few days. It seems like I have not ran for ever! Anyway I plan to run in the November vitural race so watch out! Thank you all again, and I will keep everyone informed as to my status.
        What we do in life, echo's in eternity. Maximus.

You'll ruin your knees!

Anyway I plan to run in the November vitural race so watch out!
          NEW VIRTUAL RACE CATEGORY - 5K for those who have day-glo pee! Glad to see you here with an update, RM, God bless... Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Oh, Bernie, I'm glad to hear that you are back and in such great sprirts...AND that you are letting your family help support you through this. Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Wingz

Professional Noob

It's your call, Bernie, but I think for now you should continue in the "mainstream" Virtual races - just remember you're running for your *health* and not to win, eh? If you ever feel like you need a new category, just drop me a line and one will be provided. Free of charge, of course. Wink

Roads were made for journeys...

Wingz

Professional Noob

... and welcome back. Smile Glad you found a way to keep on running.

JakeKnight

Oh, Bernie, I'm glad to hear that you are back and in such great sprirts...AND that you are letting your family help support you through this. Smile k
                  What she said. Now hit the road. Smile

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                  -----------------------------

Hello everyone, I just wanted to update my "running family" as to what's going on with me. I was given my results this week and was told that I have 2 more tumors, one on the right side of my lung about the size of a dime and the other is in my neck on my spine and is about the same size as the other one. I will having some more test's done next week and after that surgery will be scheduled. Since this type of cancer does not respond to anytype of drug or radiation etc... surgery is the only option. If they can get everything out I will have a chance, if not Im told I would have a year or so. Since it has only been a year since I had the first one removed I dont know what to think. It will take a while to sink in. But for now Im going to do whatever I can to stay positive and spend time with my kids. I have a 10 year old son and a 5 year old daughter and they want me to run the 5 mile vitural race on a school track Saturday so they can ride there bikes with me. So thats what Im going to do and since I will have no streets to cross or cars,dogs,people to watch out for I should have a good time. I would love to get under 50 min. I will let you know how it goes. Thanks!
                    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Aww...man, I am SO sorry to hear this news. You are in my thoughts...I hope they are able to remove every last bit of your tumors and send you off to keep running. *cyber-hug* I'm glad you are doing the virtual race and that's an excellent idea to do it on the track with your kids--I think I might do that with my own little monkey sometime. A 5k wouldn't be too many laps. Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Thanks
                        JakeKnight

Damn. God bless. You are indeed in our prayers. If you need anything, ask. And please ... take care, and keep us updated. I'd really like to hear the happy ending. Peace.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                          -----------------------------

Wingz

Professional Noob

We'll be waiting here for the "race report!" Smile What a great idea doing it together on the track! I'm glad you're getting to spend time with them doing that. Milk it for all you can, Bernie. And remember that many people care about you. Many.

But for now Im going to do whatever I can to stay positive and spend time with my kids. I have a 10 year old son and a 5 year old daughter and they want me to run the 5 mile vitural race on a school track Saturday so they can ride there bikes with me. So thats what Im going to do and since I will have no streets to cross or cars,dogs,people to watch out for I should have a good time. I would love to get under 50 min. I will let you know how it goes. Thanks!
                              I'm sure, whatever your time, it will be a great run for you. If my kids were 10 and 5 again, I think I'd be tempted to run it as sloooow as I possibly could--just to make the moment last as long as possible. I haven't posted on your thread much (actually, I don't think I posted on this one at all, but I've been following it), but I echo all that has been expressed so well by others here. You are in my prayers, my running friend.
                              My Masters (>50) Race PR's: 5K - 20:17 10K - 42:36 HM - 1:31:22 Marathon - 3:20:48
                                -deleted- (posted twice)
                                My Masters (>50) Race PR's: 5K - 20:17 10K - 42:36 HM - 1:31:22 Marathon - 3:20:48