First 100+ Mile Month (Read 1080 times)

Another Passion

Rocktober was my first 100+ mile month with the added bonus of going to 501 miles for the year! Woot! A couple of years ago when I first embarked on this running thing... well, back then it was walking for a minute or a quarter mile, then jogging for a minute or a quarter mile and praying to GOD that the walk time would soon be back and doing that for 20 minutes to a half hour... I would have NEVER imagined this kind of mileage in a month. This was largely spurred by all the cool Cool people on this site and your encouragement and accomplishments. So, for those of you reading this that are just starting out... the sky's the limit my running friends! Just go steady and slow to start out. Wink Visions of Glass City Marathons dance in his head... Thanks for the inspiration and encouragement everyone! Big grin

Rick
    "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
    "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
    runningforcassy.blogspot.com

CONGRATS RICK!!!! WTG!!!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

That's awesome, Rick! I remember my first 100 mile month like it was 6 months ago. Oh, wait a minute. Yeah it's a good feeling. Keep on running, dude!

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Nothin' like that first 100 mile month! I'm hoping to see a 150 sometime next year, but for now anything over 100 still makes me smile! Heh...Ibuprofen is my friend...Oct. has been a BIG Vitamin-I month for me, too. Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Nice! I had my first 100+ in September. It is a great accomplishment. Hopefully we can keep it up!

You'll ruin your knees!

Nice job Rick! Don't forget to give your body some recovery time...the mileage bug can cause you to do some dumb stuff! Keep up the good work! Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

wtg Rick! Cool

Jennifer mm#1231

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Nice job Rick! Don't forget to give your body some recovery time...the mileage bug can cause you to do some dumb stuff! Keep up the good work! Lynn B
                  Listen to this man...he knows stuff. Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Golden Buff

Rick Keep up the good work!!! The marathon will soon be more than just a vision.
                    Curt

Marquess of Utopia

Nice Job!

Nice work. I haven't run over 100 miles for 6 or 7 years.

Run to Win
                        25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Congratulations! Since you're on such a roll, could you run my miles for me in November? Big grin

Michelle

Keep doing what you're doing, kicking ass and taking names. WTG.

E.J.
                            Greater Lowell Road Runners
                            Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Another Passion

Thanks, everyone! You've all, in some way or another through this site, inspired me. Ed, kick ass this weekend in your Manchester M! Mississippi... I would GLADLY run your miles for you this month if it would get you back out there! Heal up my running friend! Y'all are awesome folks! And, I mean that from the bottom of my shallow heart! Hehe Big grin

Rick
                              "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                              "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                              runningforcassy.blogspot.com

Great job Rick. I'm hoping to hit the same milestone in November.