Import / Mapping Question (Read 430 times)

I am wondering if it is possible to import routes as .kml files. I was looking through the mapping section and do not see that option anywhere. I normally map at mapmyrun because I find it difficult to draw maps in the small window allotted here. I recently started to draw a new route there that incorporated the first 5k of a previous route and immediately noticed an anomaly. The first kilometer of the new route is mapped exactly as the one from last year, but for some reason what last year's map said was exactly 1k this year's says is 1.13k. That's a very big difference! I was hoping to import the route here to see what came up, but that begs another question. If I were able to import a map here would it recalculate distances independently or simply carry the distances from the original source?
    And who am I anyway?
    Just another fat jogger, evidently.
    eric :)

I'm working on small enhancements right now and can consider KML. I'm thinking about adding GPX first though. I've enlarged the window and the beta users are trying it out right now. Should be released real soon. The distance depends on how you draw the maps. If you do not zoom all the way in and hug the road, the distance will be off. If you drew the map recently, you're probably using the follow road feature, which hugs the road exactly and thus provide a more accurate measurement. The accuracy of distance is debatable since it is calculated. There is no guarantee that the source distance is any more or less accurate than the calculations done on RA. When you import your data, the distance is calculated from the underlying value.