I won a beer mug! (Read 503 times)

PWL

Has been

Just ran a small local 5k sponsored by the Vasque shoe company. Small turn-out--somewhere around 75+/- runners I think. But I managed to finish 2nd in my age group and 15th overall. For this great honor I got....a beer mug! A wonderful addition to my training program! Cool

"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, 'In this world, Elwood, you must be' - she always called me Elwood - 'In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.'  Well, for years I was smart.  I recommend pleasant."

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ooh, that's WAY cool! I want a race beer mug! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Congrats! Have you run the Lake Winnipesaukee relay? The first three teams in each age group win a pint glass with a Loon on it. Every runner knows what that Loon means and how hard it is to come by. I was on a 3rd place team one year and got one. Unfortunately it didn't survive a domestic accident. I mess that Loon glass. Today I ran a 5k at the Red Hook brewery in Portsmouth that gave out pint glasses to all participants because it was the 10th annual, which is cool. Plus a free beer to each runner. Even better!

Runners run

PWL

Has been

No beer in mug. Cry And oddly enough, the winner of the 13-19 age group also got a "beer" mug. The guy handing them out decided to call them "soda" glasses at that point...

"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, 'In this world, Elwood, you must be' - she always called me Elwood - 'In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.'  Well, for years I was smart.  I recommend pleasant."

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Ooh, that's WAY cool! I want a race beer!
            Me too!!
              Unfortunately it didn't survive a domestic accident. I mess that Loon glass.
              Clowning around You sure did!!!
              Next up: A 50k in ? Done: California-Oregon-Arizona-Nevada (x2)-Wisconsin-Wyoming-Utah-Michigan-Colorado