Post COVID support group and discussion (Read 205 times)

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

This is great to hear, Brian!  I'm thinking you may want to wait a while before doing another Ironman Wink  but good job getting back to normal.

Mr Lincoln,

I asked a friend via text in early November to consider doing IM Florida with me if I got the green light. Within 12 seconds, he said yes.  We registered a couple days later (way before I got the green light). 
      I’ll be ready by then but might be a couple hours slower than prime pace.  Right now, starting line sounds awesome.  
      more a 16:59 race goal... maybe by race day, I’ll hope for a sub 13:, but I’m going to use this Covid beast as motivation to get myself to the starting line next year.

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

need2tri

Brian, I'm sure you are doing your research but in case you have not seen this, something to consider to talk to your doctor about before planning for a big event.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/17/well/move/exercise-covid-recovery-complications-clots-heart-lungs.html

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/20/well/returning-to-exercise-training-recovery-coronavirus.html

Hello,

yes. Thank you for the warning and message.  Yes, I’ve been under doctor care since July and following their orders and guidance every step of the journey.  
          I’ve had 1 cardiologist appointment (Dec 9) and have a follow up the week after Christmas for additional tests. 

Brian

Life Goals:

Luciplay

Wow great to hear that I am happy for you, lert us keep supporting each other!

This morning, I went to the cardiologist for a stress exercise echo-cardiogram.

Everything came back normal, and I do not have anymore cardiologist appointments.  
              Green light = go for future racing.

July 10 --> exposure to COVID

July 15 --> COVID symptoms

December 9 --> green light to train (limited effort training)

December 30 --> green light to train with a purpose (and race)

COVID sucks!

Avoid COVID!

Hello,

yes. Thank you for the warning and message.  Yes, I’ve been under doctor care since July and following their orders and guidance every step of the journey.  
              I’ve had 1 cardiologist appointment (Dec 9) and have a follow up the week after Christmas for additional tests. 

Brian

Life Goals:

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

December 30 --> green light to train with a purpose (and race)

Happy New Year!!

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay