Intro..."Hello!" (Read 989 times)

2008 Philly Trifecta

Greeting All! I just switched my running log to this site from coolrunnings.com. I am currently training for my first 1/2 Marathon 11/18/07-The Philadelphia Half. My goal is be in the best shape of my life when I turn 40 on 11/06/2008. To run the half this year, and come back in 2008 to run the full marathon in my 40th year! Just an intro saying "Hello All" Big grin

***Check out my site: where I've been, and where I'm going @ releasetherunner.blogspot.com
    2008 Philly Trifecta:
    10 Mile Broad St Run-5/4
    Philly Distance Run HM-9/21
    Philly Marathon-11/23
    "A goal not written down is only a dream...!"

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Hi, Dave...glad to have you here! You'e gonna love the HM--it's a great distance! Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

2008 Philly Trifecta

Thanks Zoom! I'm devising a training program right now for the 1/2... about 22 weeks out. any recommendations on plan?

***Check out my site: where I've been, and where I'm going @ releasetherunner.blogspot.com
        2008 Philly Trifecta:
        10 Mile Broad St Run-5/4
        Philly Marathon-11/23

Welcome!!! I'm a new user to this site too. I'm debating about training for the Columbus 1/2 Marathon (Columbus, OH) in October. I know that right now i'm in no shape for it. Hopefully that changes over the summer.
          "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty, and well preserved body, but rather, to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: "WOW... WHAT A RIDE!!!" Muskingum College XC
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

any recommendations on plan?
            A year ago I was up to running 3-4 miles as my "long run." Last Oct. I ran my first HM. I mainly just stuck to consistently adding 10% or less to my total running time/week (I usually figure my workouts based upon time, which I got into the habit of doing with the Couch-to-5k program). k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

2008 Philly Trifecta

I mainly just stuck to consistently adding 10% or less to my total running time/week That's pretty much what I was planning to do! thanks!

2008 Philly Trifecta:
              10 Mile Broad St Run-5/4
              Philly Marathon-11/23

Neil Gunn

Gandalf the Grey

Greeting All! I just switched my running log to this site from coolrunnings.com. Just an intro saying "Hello All" Big grin
                Welcome to the best Running Log on the web ... and the best running community as well! Neil UK Big grin

Running ... just keep running!

Thanks Zoom! I'm devising a training program right now for the 1/2... about 22 weeks out. any recommendations on plan?
                  Hal Higdon has a lot of plans for different distances and ability levels. Here's a link to the half marathon plans.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Greeting All! I just switched my running log to this site from coolrunnings.com.
                    Glad you made the switch - I came from that site, too, and like this site much more!
                    ... and come back in 2008 to run the full marathon in my 40th year!
                    I did that too, ran my first marathon 2 weeks before I turned 4 0. It was a fantastic feeling! Good luck on your training. Be careful, and listen to your body so you don't get injured. I also use Hal Higdon's plans.
                    Next up: A 50k in ? Done: California-Oregon-Arizona-Nevada (x2)-Wisconsin-Wyoming-Utah-Michigan-Colorado

Obi-Run Kenobi

Congratulations on joining the site. I too just started running and this site is a great way to keep track of your progress. I'm looking at the Flying Pig for my first half, although we'll see how things go. Good luck with your training!

Do or do not. There is no try.

Member Since 2008

NJ and Coop, welcome aboard.
                          To run the half this year, and come back in 2008 to run the full marathon in my 40th year! Big grin
                          Welcome to RA. Nice goals. There is certainly a lot of information and support here, as well as plenty of laughs! Much better than Coolrunnings. Big grin

Michelle

Welcome Dave! Big grin You've definitely found the premeire running log! but we also have a nice, really nice community here. Good luck on your running adventure. I've had great success with Hal Higdon's marathon programs, I'm sure his HM programs would work well. You have a lot of time and your 10% increase/wk sounds like a good plan, eitherwhichway.

Jennifer mm#1231

Prophet!

oh no...another future RA addict...warning, this site will take over your life Smile . Welcome, like everyone said, this is an awesome site. I don't think i would be able to maintain the motivation to run consistently if i wasn't using this site. Awesome features, awesome people. Good luck with the half-marathon training.
                                Hi Dave. Welcome to RA. I'll be running the Philadelphia Marathon.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson