Kids running shoes vs adult running shoes (Read 2077 times)

I need to know the difference in kids running shoes and adult sizes (besides - adults sizes are bigger).....I have very small feet (normally wear about a mens size 5.5 which dont actually exist--- or woman's size 7 or 7.5 -- when I was in the army i wore size 4.5 Army boots). Normally, I buy womens runnng shoes (and kids dress shoes for the office) but I want pair of Asics Nimbus 10's and the womens seem to come in colors that are a little feminine for me......I will wear womens shoes, but not their colors (I am confident in my masculinity, but I still dont think I could show up at a race with pretty pink running shoes)..... I am seeing Kids sizes that will fit me....but dont know if there is a difference in the technology between kids sizes and mens sizes...... Wish I had bigger feet...the rest of me is adult size....just my feet forgot to grow.....The good thing here is that kids shoes are way less money ------ like $40 to $50 cheaper..... Any help would be appreciated......JohnA.

Champions are made when no one is watching

I found this question while searching for discussions about running with kids... I don't know the answer, but I just recently bought a new pair of hiking shoes for my son. He's only 11 y.o and rather small, but has rather large feet, and needs a 37 (European, don't know the American equivalent). The store where I went only had children's hiking shoes in 37 of the brand Bergen, which is rather cheap and we already had problems with that brand, so we wanted a Meindle or Lowa. But their childrens' sizes only went up to 36. So I had to buy a pair of Woman's Lowa's, which were € 150, while you have a children's size for only € 90,00. The sales person told me, the adult shoes are build somewhat sturdier than the childrens equivalent, because adults (unlike my son Sad...) won't outgrow there shoes, so they have to last longer.... So I think you could buy children's running shoes, but you probably have to replace them more often... (And now I'm going to search for a thread that's really about running with kids)

Running in Belgium
      Ann

I'd say just run with the feminine colors. Get the shoes that fit right. If they bother you enough, then an hour in front of the babble box with a permanent marker and your shoes can make you look bad ass on your next run. (Or at least less feminine.)

Run to Win
        25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

...smile :)

I'd say just run with the feminine colors. Get the shoes that fit right. If they bother you enough, then an hour in front of the babble box with a permanent marker and your shoes can make you look bad ass on your next run. (Or at least less feminine.)
          Right on! And if all else fails, maybe looking for last year's models (asics varies their colors in a somewhat strange way), or another brand would be an option. at the end what matters is that the shoes fit and feel comfortable.
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I'm not sure there really is a difference between kids and adult models, aside from sizing system. I know NB and Asics both make junior models of their shoes, same model names. Maybe contact Asics to see what they have to say about the kids' Nimbus model.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay