Updated iPods (Read 1212 times)

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Nano Touch Story

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Dave

Pretty incremental improvement given all the hype on this one. Nice price break on the Touch. Pretty colors on the Nano. No GPS on the Touch. No new Macbooks. AAPL stock down $6. Not too good. Having said that, they're going to sell a boatload of these this Christmas.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Not really runner friendly like the shuffle is. But, I am sure they will sell a crap load of them.
        Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Not really runner friendly like the shuffle is. But, I am sure they will sell a crap load of them.
          The new nano shuffles when you shake it. That makes it really rough on a runner.
            Nice! 16GB nano. Why do they put they keep putting the headphone jack on the bottom? I'm content with my 32GB Mini. Big grin I just need to find out how to seal the click wheel effectively from moisture.

Vim

dork.major dork.

I always lock it before I put in my pocket anyway... I like the new colors.

Reaching 1,243 in 2008 -- one day, one week, one mile at a time.

Imminent Catastrophe

iPod touch...volume controls on the side. One of my pet peeves about the touch, which I otherwise like. BTW, I've been having serious battery-life issues lately with the Touch. Apparently this is an issue. Anyone else having battery life problems? I shut it down, wi-fi is switched off, and still it runs down in two days not being used. Angry

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

xor

iPod touch...volume controls on the side. One of my pet peeves about the touch, which I otherwise like. BTW, I've been having serious battery-life issues lately with the Touch. Apparently this is an issue. Anyone else having battery life problems? I shut it down, wi-fi is switched off, and still it runs down in two days not being used. Angry
                  Well, duh. That's because when you are sleeping, it has to transmit data about you and the video feed it took during the day of those around you back to the Other Borg. That takes a lot of battery power.

Insert witty title here

Why do people spend so much money on ipods when there are much cheaper, better quality products out there? I'll take my 1GB samsung that's smaller than a nano, much cheaper, lasts longer, has a built in FM radio, plays MP3's, doesn't require extra software to transfer songs, still has a screen and let's me control the play functions (unlike the shuffle).

ThomasRuns Blog
                    Twitter

"The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do." - [Walter Bagehot]

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

doesn't require extra software to transfer songs
                      What extra software do you mean?
                      Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I will say, the updated iTunes visualizations are cool, and the genius playlist seems neat.
                          Is the new Nano back to the old shape? i.e. departing from the more square shape of the one I have?

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

mikeymike

The nano looks like it will drip over everything. Eff that. Speaking of iTunes...why does my PC tell me there's a new version of iTunes and Quicktime (and try to trick me into also installing Safari) like every week lately? Even after I install the latest/greatest? Is it only the latest/greatest for a week now? Damn.

Runners run

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Is the new Nano back to the old shape? i.e. departing from the more square shape of the one I have?
                              I mentioned that to did last night. I have the 2nd gen. Nano (well, HAD...I have since "upgraded" to a Shuffle, which is MUCH nicer for running...did inherited a hot pink Nano, heh) and always thought the 3rd looked awkward, especially if a person likes to run with it in their hand. Even the colors are back to being more intense jewel-tones like the 2nd gens.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay