Conversations in Panera Bread... (Read 1552 times)

xor

Wool gel, like pretzels, make(s) me thirsty.

A Saucy Wench

I'm allergic to wool Nice pick zoomy. Not bagels and not pizza all in one.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

xor

I had some weird comparison (me? heh) going in this thread or another between bagels and kegels. Nobody wants me to post a picture of a kegel dog.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Onion kegels are not acceptable. Nor are sesame seed kegels. And don't get me started on cream cheese with kegels. Dead
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

And don't get me started on cream cheese with kegels. Dead
            We already had the discussion re: asiago kegels.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

xor

lox and cream cheese kegels are the worst, really.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I gotta ask. How do you know?

Beware, batbear...

Wool gel, like pretzels, make(s) me thirsty.
                  You should try unsalted wool.

2014 Goal -- Run 5X per week, pain-free (relatively) by end of summer.

A Saucy Wench

all this bagel talk. When I got home from a horrendous dinner out...one of the few times they screwed up my order so bad twice that I just said forget it and sat there and starved (and drank irish stout on nitro tap) I was hungry. What I really wanted thanks to you yahoos was a bagel with cream cheese and lox. A whole wheat tortilla with leftover cold poached salmon, cream cheese, tomato, lettuce and salt wasnt bad either.

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

xor

What was so bad that it couldn't be eaten after two tries? And not even the sides? edited to add: yippee ki yay mini cream cheese kegels.

redleaf

There is this place up the street that serves this stuff it calls "Pizza". Place is called Dominos, I think.
                        Took a side trip once and did a stop over in Napoli. To this day, DH and I argue over the pizza.

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

A Saucy Wench

What was so bad that it couldn't be eaten after two tries? And not even the sides?
                          well for starters it took an hour+ to get our food. It was supposed to be grilled chicken with red potatoes instead of the nasty white rice pilaf Dead and steamed veggies. And clearly what they did was pre-cook the chicken (or buy pre-cooked chicken) and then toss it back in the freezer, bring it out, heat it up and put the grill glaze on. Cause mine was cooked through, hot on the outside, but still frozen, and I mean ice crystals frozen in the middle. But instead of taking just the chicken back they took the whole plate back. And brought it back nuked to the dryness of the sahara desert and with all the wrong sides. And the nasty rice pilaf that I specifically asked not to get was cold. And by then it was already way past the kiddos bedtime. It seemed better to just drink beer, steal the kiddos fries and come home.
                          edited to add: yippee ki yay mini cream cheese kegels
                          Now THAT is funny Big grin

#artbydmcbride

Mini kegels and eating an egg bagel.

Runners run

Not bagels and not pizza all in one.
                              also not food, the trifecta was achieved.

so i was watching this tonight: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0052655/ (1959) and wherein, a character referenced a wheat germ bagel.

So: Discuss the bagel/"bagel" (for economy's sake, I shall let the reader/author define that combination of flour salt water bagel) as a cultural metaphor for hip.

Why are there no Wonderbread shops?

Also: Is a wheat germ "bagel" a "bagel?"