2013 Sub-19 5K (Read 1932 times)

some call me Tim

Thanks, CliveF, I so enjoy a good race report no matter how it turns out, and it sounds like you and I have similar pacing-related things to address. I plan to take some of your advice to yourself to heart and give it another shot at a race to benefit my alma mater this weekend. I guess I'll probably spare you guys another book if I happen to fail two weeks in a row, though Wink

some call me Tim

As promised, no book. 19:05. Mile splits 6:02, 6:17(no idea), 6:01. I've gotta take a step back, finish up the half marathon training and come back to this in June. Good luck all - I'll be watching!

I will enter this. Currently marathon training for race 28/4/13. Then I want to concentrate on 5k/10k over summer. Current best time 20:11. First goal is to get under 20. Dream goal would be sub 19 5k, sub 40 10k.

I will enter this. Currently marathon training for race 28/4/13. Then I want to concentrate on 5k/10k over summer. Current best time 20:11. First goal is to get under 20. Dream goal would be sub 19 5k, sub 40 10k.

19 min 5k is probably harder than 40min 10k. Most of the pace equivalence charts will give 40 min 10k as being about equivalent to 19:15 for a 5k.

L2Run

RoadRunner

19 min 5k is probably harder than 40min 10k. Most of the pace equivalence charts will give 40 min 10k as being about equivalent to 19:15 for a 5k.

This true but technically I never ran a sub 40 10k.  I have run a sub hour 15k.  Funny how that works.  Fitness is a fickle thing.Big grin

This true but technically I never ran a sub 40 10k.  I have run a sub hour 15k.  Funny how that works.  Fitness is a fickle thing.Big grin

Yeah... my marathon time are slow compared with my times for shortrd distances. Either I'm doing the wrong kind of training or just lack endurance naturally....

Runner100

-

Mmmmm...beer

My next 5k is in two weeks, and I'm thinking I might have a chance.  The 3 mile split on my half this morning was 19:45 for a 6:35/mile pace.  The kicker is that those first 3 miles felt easy, barely had to push.  Of course, I didn't hold that pace or you'd see a new PR in my sig, but that's another story. lol  But I think if I can control myself out of the gate (that's been the problem at my last few 5Ks), then I should be good to go.  Gonna shoot for a 6 flat pace and see how it goes.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Runner100

-

Mmmmm...beer

Sounds like you are in sub 19 range with that effort today. So based on your PR you would skip the 19s all together if you pull it off, that would be damned impressive! Good luck and be sure to report back.

That's what I'm hoping, it would be cool to skip the 19s completely. Smile  Thanks, I'll report in on the 27th, good, bad or otherwise.

-Dave

My running blog

19:19 today. Better than my best of 19:30 from last year...

snapa55

That's what I'm hoping, it would be cool to skip the 19s completely. Smile  Thanks, I'll report in on the 27th, good, bad or otherwise.

I was hoping to skip the 19's completely as well, didn't happen today.  19:49-ish.

5K: 18:43 (12/13) 10K: 42:50 (12/12) HM: 1:30:10 (3/14) M: 3:34:46 (5/14)

Mmmmm...beer

I was hoping to skip the 19's completely as well, didn't happen today.  19:49-ish.

I'd be completely happy with a sub-20.  Great job on your PR, you too pr100!

-Dave

My running blog

L2Run

RoadRunner

Running my first 5K since Dec of 2011 this weekend.  Looking to break 22:00 on 2 month of training and 30lbs over my race weight.  Most of my running has been long and slow since my priority is to lose weight and I don't think my body is ready for take the pounding of speed work.  Goal race to break 19 is Oct 12.

My best 5k was a 20:54  I ran back on December 1, 2012.  I am more in the "sub 20 goal" but I think sub 19 is possible in a few months.  I have been doing speed training and long distance training but 5k is just not my big focus.  However you will see me hanging around this thread for awhile as I need all the motivation I can use!

5k  = 19.48 10/1/13

10k  = 45.28 4/16/13

Half Marathon = 1:38.53  Summer Sizzle 7/13/14

Operation Jack Marathon 12/26/12  4:39.11

Solo O Marathon 06/02/13  3:52:10

Operation Jack Marathon 12/26/13 3:40.34