Trail Shoes on the road (Read 391 times)

I'm an underpronator and my shoes have started to ware down enough that I think they are starting to hurt my knees. I can't buy new shoes until next month though. In addition, the roads were really slippery when I ran tonight after the first rain. How bad would it be to run in my trail shoes for the next month even though I'm running on the road. They are Brooks Cascadia if that makes any difference. I just want to make sure I won't either ruin the shoes or my feet. I use neutral shoes and they are neutral.
    You may find my running Vlog at Run Cast TV and my running log here
      Shoes like Cascadias - fairly soft and flexible without aggressive tread - should be fine on the roads. I've used mine there a lot in spring where I'm running on roads before trails have melted - or on hard-packed dirt trails where I don't like my trail shoes with more aggressive tread. Some trail shoes use certain grippy outsole materials that are likely to wear off easily on roads, so I'd avoid using a shoe like that since roads would reduce their effectiveness when you need them. Cascadias aren't one of those. Is there a reason you can't continue to run on trails for another month? Or are trails something you don't spend much time on?
      "So many people get stuck in the routine of life that their dreams waste away. This is about living the dream." - Cave Dog
        I can only really run late at night during the week because of my schedule and as a lone female I am too chicken to run with the coyotes and serial killers Wink I try to get to the trails during the weekends though.
        You may find my running Vlog at Run Cast TV and my running log here