She's a newbie. (Read 956 times)

smittyaurelia

This time last year, I couldn't walk. I broke both knees within 5 months of each other and my ortho surgeon wanted me to focus on being able to walk properly. One year later, I am not only walking, but "running" !

My friend introduced me to trail running. It took about 3 months of poking and prodding to get me to agree. This was my first week and I'm addicted. Ran 25 miles this week!

My first 5K is middle of August. My goal is to finish it :-)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Trail running is so awesome...no wonder you're addicted!  One of my very favorite races was a trail relay I took part in last month...6 of us sharing ~78 often very challenging, but gorgeous miles.  What a blast!

If you did 25 miles this week, then the 5k should be no problem for you--best of luck and have a great time! Smile

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Queen of 3rd Place

Dayum!  25 mi is some kind of proper mileage! Your next goal race is going to go well, unless something really bizarre happens (like food poisoning the night before - don't ask me how I know)

And dare I ask...what's next?

Ex runner

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

25 miles a week.Good job. Why are you doing intervals back to back to back with no rest day? To prevent injury your training probale needs to be more of a wavey line rather than parallel  or  diagonal. Take a look at  zoom- zoom's log .

Overtraining Detective--good info about causes of injury and illness

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

keeponrunning

WOW!!  You did 25mi a week training for a 5k!  Remember not to underestimate yourself in the race, as that is a very common problem with newer runners...  Good Luck!!

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022