I love infographics (Read 3679 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

No, I mean today. Not the future. Today.

If the situation were frozen at Today (not today's trajectory, Today), I really wouldn't see it as that bad.  Of course, I live in Chicago.  Maybe you could point out things that might be affecting me that I don't realize (but the fact that I don't realize them yet kinda makes my point).

I'm not a denier.  I just think the bomb won't really go off until I'm dead.  This is my consolation since I've been pro-environment and modified my lifestyle in various ways for the last 27 years to my own inconvenience -- and yet I have zero personal stake in the future non-environmentally conscious people are creating.

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

How often did torrential rains cause flooding in Chicago just 50 years ago? It has happened several times in just the past 3-5 years. I had never heard of it before then...

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

How often did torrential rains cause flooding in Chicago just 50 years ago? It has happened several times in just the past 3-5 years. I had never heard of it before then...

http://www.encyclopedia.chicagohistory.org/pages/460.html

Great Flood of 1849: https://chicagology.com/harbor/1849flood/

Not saying it proves anything.  Just say'n.

Best Present Ever

and yet I have zero personal stake in the future non-environmentally conscious people are creating.

No personal stake, but you know my children are adorable (even the bad one). Don't you care about them?

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

No personal stake, but you know my children are adorable (even the bad one). Don't you care about them?

There should be some sort of Adorable Index, to decide who lives past the Great Culling we implement to fix the planet.  Your kids have my vote.  Even the cheese monger, whom I'd have trouble judging his adorability -- though he his a rather handsome joe.

#artbydmcbride

Crossfitters go first.....adorable chirren go last

Runners run

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Understood.

Occasional great floods are not the same as yearly big floods that didn't used to happen.

http://www.encyclopedia.chicagohistory.org/pages/460.html

Great Flood of 1849: https://chicagology.com/harbor/1849flood/

Not saying it proves anything.  Just say'n.

Biking Bad

finnegan begin again

And I always thought it was Thanksgiving. Be careful out there folks.

From a few years ago.

"... the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value..."  Thomas Paine Dec 23, 1776 The Crisis 

Adversity is the first path to truth. Lord Byron

"No one plans to fail…..they fail to plan" Skinny Pete

an amazing likeness

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Blue Rocket

All systems Go!

In response to milktruck's interesting infograph on internet addiction and ADHD, I'm reminded of a quote by Eric Davis, Cincinnati Reds great:

If you don't believe in something, you'll fall for anything. I believe everything happens for a reason. If you are strong from within, you can will anything. I'm a firm believer that where there's a will, there's a way

It seems that technology and especially social media, is making us weaker -- physically and in character (a.k.a. our "will").

I don't have any data, just my 50+ years of observing a more sedentary, less physically demanding America. I would be very interested to hear from anyone with a background in physical fitness education, training, coaching. I remember the Presidential Physical Fitness Tests we would take at my school each year from 6th to 12th grade. I wonder what percentage of kids achieved the standards each year over the last 50 years. I'm sure some agency has the results, but I couldn't find them. I blame my ADHD .

If they exist, the results might be very telling -- assuming they didn't lower the standards in the process.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Biking Bad

finnegan begin again

Don't aggregate me

Edit    Aggravate

Arghhhhhh     Me? or autocorrect?      Me

"... the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value..."  Thomas Paine Dec 23, 1776 The Crisis 

Adversity is the first path to truth. Lord Byron

"No one plans to fail…..they fail to plan" Skinny Pete