Torn Hip Labrum - advice, recovery and experiences (Read 1147 times)

Hip Redux

Ah ha!  Probably right.   And from what I see, it wouldn't necessarily block the psoas pain, so that must be it.   I can tell you, it hurts. lol

dallison

registered pw

Woo-Hoo! congrats on surgery. You and that couch will be best buds for a couple of weeks.

I'm home!   They had a hard time getting my pain under control after surgery, so I am currently hopped up on fentanyl and oxycodone.  I'm still in quite a bit of pain, but tolerable so long as I don't move.  I see myself being a firm fixture on my couch for the next few hours.

2017 goals:

sub 1:30 half 

dallison

registered pw

Don't count on getting feeling in your nuts for at least a couple weeks. They will feel somewhat numb for a while.

I think most of the pain is from the psoas.   My leg is almost completely numb to the touch (does that mean nerve block?) but my groin is really awful.  :/

2017 goals:

Hip Redux

Don't count on getting feeling in your nuts for at least a couple weeks. They will feel somewhat numb for a while.

God, I hope I don't start feeling male genitalia!  That would have been a different kind of surgery, I think. :P  (I'm a chick!)

dallison

registered pw

lol, that would be a problem!

God, I hope I don't start feeling male genitalia!  That would have been a different kind of surgery, I think. :P  (I'm a chick!)

2017 goals:

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

You need to change "LimpingBehind.com" to something else alluding to your gender.

Running is dumb.

Hip Redux

You need to change "LimpingBehind.com" to something else alluding to your gender.

LimpingBehindwithBoobs.com?

Hip Redux

Pain is definitely from the psoas.  It's isolated now to any time I need to "lift" my leg - results in a very sharp groin pain.    My hip also snapped when I got up but... a "baby" snap, not the real loud SNAP it would do before surgery.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Pain is definitely from the psoas.  It's isolated now to any time I need to "lift" my leg - results in a very sharp groin pain.    My hip also snapped when I got up but... a "baby" snap, not the real loud SNAP it would do before surgery.

Make your husband move you around!  Did you sleep last night?

Running is dumb.

Hip Redux

Make your husband move you around!  Did you sleep last night?

He is on leg duty!   He also has to help me with my PT - he gets to be my own personal passive motion machine lol

Not much sleep.  I couldn't get comfortable, then my throat was killing me and the meds have upset my stomach.  I see a couch nap in my future. :P

dallison

registered pw

lol @ name change!

He is on leg duty!   He also has to help me with my PT - he gets to be my own personal passive motion machine lol

Not much sleep.  I couldn't get comfortable, then my throat was killing me and the meds have upset my stomach.  I see a couch nap in my future. :P

2017 goals:

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I walked 5.5 miles today!  Woof.  And that was an easy day for my dog.  2.5 miles this morning and then about 3 miles this afternoon.  Then I went to the grocery store.  I'm tired now.    I also took a spill on the trail this afternoon.  I was walking on some wide, grassy, doubletrack...you know, super easy trails that I've run about a million miles on...and there was a hole from some small animal that my ankle got caught in and down I went.  Thankfully everything seemed to be okay aside from my muddy knees.

But I'm pretty amazed that my joint continues to feel great.  I might have had a few mild twinges during my second walk, but I'm pretty sure that was hip flexor related. Hang in there, crutches people.  It's going to get better soon!

Running is dumb.

Prince of Fatness

But I'm pretty amazed that my joint continues to feel great.  I might have had a few mild twinges during my second walk, but I'm pretty sure that was hip flexor related. Hang in there, crutches people.  It's going to get better soon!

Ha Ha.  I see light at the end of the tunnel.  Getting tired of the crutches so today I started practicing with one crutch.  I can carry shit around!  It is more awkward with one crutch and I am a little slower that way but having a free hand is worth it.

Not at it at all. 

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I went through the one crutch stage for a few hours before I decided it was stupid and awkward and it was easier to just go without.  But isn't it nice to be able to carry things!  I remember loading up my backpack with chips and salsa and beer...

Running is dumb.

dallison

registered pw

It is a pain in tha ass trying to figure out a way to carry things around while on crutches. I used a grocery bag and held it in one hand but it always swung and banged against stuff. I never thought about the backpack.

Ha Ha.  I see light at the end of the tunnel.  Getting tired of the crutches so today I started practicing with one crutch.  I can carry shit around!  It is more awkward with one crutch and I am a little slower that way but having a free hand is worth it.

2017 goals: