New to RA (Read 1926 times)

Mmmmm...beer

Hey everyone, I'm over on RWOL too, but recently found RA.  Thinking about moving all of my data over from mapmyrun too, I like the format over here and the fact that I can track my gear. 

Just wanted to say hi.  For those that don't know me from the BF on RWOL, I've been running since April, have only done 3 races (in my sig), doing another 5K this week and training for my next half in March.  Doing 50-60mpw right now (finishing up my second 60+ mile week today). 

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Me too. Just could not stand the spam anymore.

I dont know what RWOL is but I can guarantee you that Running Ahead is better.....

Champions are made when no one is watching

Welcome! I expect there will be a few more coming over.

"So many people get stuck in the routine of life that their dreams waste away. This is about living the dream." - Cave Dog

ooops, dup.

"So many people get stuck in the routine of life that their dreams waste away. This is about living the dream." - Cave Dog

Mmmmm...beer

Portal, yeah, the spam is getting out of hand, and the new format is annoying.

PhidIppes, it's Runners World OnLine, the forum for Runners World magazine.

AKTrail, I have a feeling you're right, a lot of people are getting fed up.

-Dave

My running blog

Great to see so many new folks here.

A friendly reminder -- consider a $10 subscription if you like what Eric is doing here. There's no big company behind RA...just one very hard working guy with a real knack for delivering more of what you need and less of what you don't Smile

I'm from RWOL also, been here awhile.

stealth.rnr

She laughs at me......

Moth is trying to bump threads.

I have one person to say bye to in a thread tomorrow, and one challenge to drop out of, and then I'm done with RW.

I could do both today if I can find the threads..........

Mmmmm...beer

A friendly reminder -- consider a $10 subscription if you like what Eric is doing here. There's no big company behind RA...just one very hard working guy with a real knack for delivering more of what you need and less of what you don't Smile

Definitely, I have no problem contributing to a good site to make sure it stays running. 

-Dave

My running blog

LRB

I can dig it.

Same here.

Biking Bad

finnegan begin again

welcome. keep running, 

"... the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value..."  Thomas Paine Dec 23, 1776 The Crisis 

Adversity is the first path to truth. Lord Byron

"No one plans to fail…..they fail to plan" Skinny Pete

Maybe this is the begining of the second "Great Migration". I know Eric was kept busy (that's an understatement) when all the Cool Running folks (me included) came over. Eric- here's some advice from bassist Ray Brown on how to surive on the road that may help- "Get at least 6 hours of sleep and  one good meal a day."