Boston Runners and Spectators (Read 634 times)

Please check in here.

Does anyone in the community know user arlahile?  Have you heard from her via social media or by any other means?

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Buzzie

Bacon Party!

Chilidogbeagle (Dari) - Safe

Jebl00 (Jane) - Safe

Wannaberunner (Kristen) - Safe

Liz

pace sera, sera

redleaf

Daddyo (Dave E from Toronto) - safe

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

Top 'O the World!

We've got posts out on fb, email & her other RA threads hoping one of those ladies checks in! They were there as spectators I believe

Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group

Dave

Willrunforbeer (Lou) - Safe

PreDawnrunner (Harriet) - Safe

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

sluggo

John

My daughter, Meghan is safe. Her boy friend was at the finish line. He is safe too.

This sucks.

John
              www.wickedrunningclub.com

In the beginning, the universe was created.This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

--- Douglas Adams, in "The Restaurant at the End of the Universe"

Why is it sideways?

Someone has set up a people finder here.

keeponrunning

I can say Wannaberunner and Greg are safe.  Hope everyone else is okay!

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022

northernman

Fight The Future

Safe and sound here, although completely freaked out. Was on the T after the race trying to get back to the hotel when they shut down everything. Had to go back up to the finish area and walk 2.5 miles back. We had no idea what was going on, other than hundreds of sirens going and helicopters everywhere. Trying not to cry in the airport now

Imminent Catastrophe

PerfesserR-safe. Had just left a few minutes prior.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

BeeRunB

OliveGarden

Graph and inappropriate picture. If you don't know that person, then you don't need to know.

Imminent Catastrophe

Some quick bits from Boston:

Runners coming in after the explosions were held for up to an hour in the street. It was really cold for those who couldn't get their drop bags and presumably not even mylar blankets. I was shivering and I had the blanket and shelter from the wind.

Local hotels are on alert with increased security. Transit is partially shut down and people are having a lot of trouble getting out of the downtown area to area hotels or Logan Airport. Cell service in the Copley Plaza is degraded.

DW and I had left the finish area about 10 minutes earlier and were walking through Boston Common when we heard a loud explosion from the direction of the finish area (this is about 1/2 mile away). We immediately feared the worst (we're both ex-military and heard a similar sound in Istanbul which was a suicide bomber).  Then about 10 seconds later, another blast which all but confirmed our fears. One thing that disturbed us was that nobody else even seemed to notice or react at all.

Local news is reporting that another device has been discovered at a hotel, but not our hotel although we do have increased security.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Censor quoted link
                              Buzzie

Bacon Party!

Censor quoted link