Question about pace? (Read 994 times)

The pyramids in Egypt haven't stood for so long without having a very substantial base. The same can be said for running. I'm a cross-country coach and the first 4-6 seeks of our summer training program is virtually nothing except slow easy mileage. A good book to pick up to read is by Jack Daniels (Not the drink, the famous coach). It is some pretty in depth stuff but if you wade through it, there is a ton of information that is useful for everyone.
    "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty, and well preserved body, but rather, to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: "WOW... WHAT A RIDE!!!" Muskingum College XC
    Scout7

Ohhhh...yes.... What I would have given to get my hubby to wear a kilt for our wedding (we did do red tartan vests for the guys). He lived in Scotland for a year and still wouldn't do it. But he has WAY nicer legs than I do and would definitely do a kilt justice.
      I finally got a kilt this year. My wife, being half Irish and half Scottish, has had one since she was little. Me, not being either (that I know of), just went with her clan tartan. Got a good price (they are EXPENSIVE!!!!).