Chicago Marathon (Read 660 times)

The Greatest of All Time

FYI: I was just informed the Chicago Marathon only has a few thousand open entries remaining before it reaches the max of 45,000.
    all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.
      I just can't imagine 45,000 runners. Watching 25,000 stream toward Boston yesterday was pretty amazing, almost doubling that is kinda mind boggling. Start saying your weather prayers y'all, it's never too early to start.

E.J.
      Greater Lowell Road Runners
      Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

The Greatest of All Time

I just can't imagine 45,000 runners. Watching 25,000 stream toward Boston yesterday was pretty amazing, almost doubling that is kinda mind boggling. Start saying your weather prayers y'all, it's never too early to start.
        They moved it back a week. Should be high 40's, low 50's. As Mikey says it's going to be a "pissah"

I will be there this year. For those entered check the website and they have some special corral assignments for those who have achieved certain standards in halves and full marathons. I am in corral 2. All I had to do was fax them a finishers certificate and prove my times and they assigned me to the correct corral. Jimmy

"You may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas"  Davy Crockett

They moved it back a week. Should be high 40's, low 50's.
            As soon as I get that in writing, I'll signup. I'm still sweating from last year's race. Actually if you take the average of my last two Chicago Marathon temps (2006: 30 degrees; 2007: 90 degrees) it would make for a nice day. All jokes aside, anyone running Chi-town this year should check out the Running Ahead Chicago Marathon Group.

How To Run a Marathon: Step 1 - start running. There is no Step 2.

The Greatest of All Time

I will be there this year. For those entered check the website and they have some special corral assignments for those who have achieved certain standards in halves and full marathons. I am in corral 2. All I had to do was fax them a finishers certificate and prove my times and they assigned me to the correct corral. Jimmy
              Sa-weet. Thanks for that info. According to the website I can get in Corral A. Nice.

no problem, thought it would help a few out.

"You may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas"  Davy Crockett

The Greatest of All Time

As soon as I get that in writing, I'll signup. I'm still sweating from last year's race.
                  Brener, If you ever want to go for a run sometime, hit me up. You can get my email addresses from Trent.

You can get my email addresses from Trent.
                    Until PM is up and running, why not set up a "junk" email account, and put it on your profile? Yahoo lets you create one alias, I'm not sure about hotmail or google.

E.J.
                    Greater Lowell Road Runners
                    Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Frank4

As of this afternoon, open registration for the Chicago Marathon is CLOSED. 45,000 cap. reached already.