Well..who'da thought...it does get a bit easier! (Read 636 times)

Baby bean!

I ran more today than my whole first week of running. That's so cool! Big grin So, I will get faster and have longer strides, right? I use strides in the sense of distance between my ankles, btw. I can hear Nobby now... "Take it easy, young grasshopper." Big grin

Goals:
    Finish C25K

I'm slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter, but I run.

I'm under the impression we should strive for shorter, faster strides. Smile
        Take it easy, sushigirl you young grasshopper! Take it easy...! ;o) Seriously, yes, you DO get faster and can go further. You take it easy, you can now go far. You go far, you'll elevate your oxygen uptake level. Now you can run what once was beyong your aerobic capacity limit aerobically (because you have raised your limit up higher); hense you can run faster aerobically. Challenge yourself to see how far (or longer in duration) you can go; then take as many easy days afterwards to recover (COMPLETELY forget about how fast you're running) and push the envelope again... Now you'd realize you're going further AND faster. You're on your way, sushigirl. You'll be amazed how quickly your body adapt to go great distance as long as you keep the effort within yourself. Soon you'll become a salmon skin roll girl! ;o)